Need recommendation...

This is a discussion on Need recommendation... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need another gun! This one will be specifically for carry while cycling. It needs to fit in a pocket that measures 4x6, though the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need recommendation...

Need recommendation...

I need another gun! This one will be specifically for carry while cycling. It needs to fit in a pocket that measures 4x6, though the pocket is made of expandable material (cycling jersey)

I had myself sold on a Kel Tec P3 AT, went to the local shop to order it, and found out that the wonderful people of California do not allow this pistol! I feel so safe here with all these gun regulations. So, that is out, as are the NAA Gaurdian models for the same reason.

What other options do I have without going down in caliber??? I can go down in caliber if necessary, anything is better than nothing. J frames are too big, Kahr PM's are still a bit large, though may be an option, and come in .40 S&W Weight is also a bit of a concern.... any advice???????

2. Remove Ads

Move out of California?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Assistant Administrator
    I'd love to know why the P3AT is not allowed - sheesh - that sucks. ''Too concealable'' - perhaps?

What else tho? - well, I guess tho very ''mouse gun'' - an NAA in 22 mag - that'd sure fit the pocket. Mine lives in shirt top pocket as a BUG daily!

I'd suggest an R9 but that would probably break the bank! If in fact even that was allowed!

Right now am stumped, as P3AT would probably be everyone's thought. So is P32 out too? That is still a viable option otherwise. Beyond that well - Colt Mustang, some small .25 even. Shucks - do you ever have headaches!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick
    Move out of California?
    Best advice you will get!!!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

I know it's not semiauto or flat, but I imagine surely at least one snubnose wheely will fit in there.

A litttle bigger and alittle heavier but 380 is the bersa thunder. Should fit in pocket.

Smith & Wesson makes a little revolver, titanium frame. I can't remember the model # or name. 5 rounds I think. It is small and very light weight.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Here it is. Model 340
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/

If that helps.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Just my .02; in my past life I biked. I don't think anything with a cylinder will be too comfortable unless its the NAA mini revolver in .22 mag as previously mentioned. In fact, that would be a very good choice. If the Kel-Tec line it out, you almost have to work backwards into some .32. Taurus and Berretta both make some very small .32 autos but they're just about as bulky in width as a J frame revolver. An NAA guardian in .380 will be small but it's chunky and heavy. If I knew of a good derringer in 9mm that wasn't too heavy or wide that would be something to be considered but I don't know of one.

It's too bad about the Kel-Tec's because the PF-9 they're coming out with this spring might be perfect for this application. I also own a Bersa Thunder which although it's an excellent weapon for the money, if the PM9 won't fit, the Bersa certainly won't either!

I'd take a hard look at the NAA mini-revolver in .22 mag.

God Bless

Gideon

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I'd love to know why the P3AT is not allowed - sheesh - that sucks. ''Too concealable'' - perhaps?

What else tho? - well, I guess tho very ''mouse gun'' - an NAA in 22 mag - that'd sure fit the pocket. Mine lives in shirt top pocket as a BUG daily!

I'd suggest an R9 but that would probably break the bank! If in fact even that was allowed!

Right now am stumped, as P3AT would probably be everyone's thought. So is P32 out too? That is still a viable option otherwise. Beyond that well - Colt Mustang, some small .25 even. Shucks - do you ever have headaches!!

I'm told the reason the P3AT is not allowed is because it failed the drop test over and over again. None of the Kel Tec models are allowed in California. Thanks to these fine gun laws, California is a very safe place with almost no crime. Yeah right!!!

I'm now leaning towards the Kahr PM40, I'm really happy with my
    P40, just need something smaller for cycling.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I'd be interested to find out what the P3AT did to fail the "drop test". I cant imagine that one of the little J frames would be too large to fit in your pocket. Seems that one of the Ti modles would ride nicely in there cuz of the 12oz weight. Nothing personal, but I feel sorry for anyone that has to live in Kalifornia. -----

Well, I guess if it failed the test that means that the gun discharged when dropped, I think that's what the test is all about.

Why does everyone spell California with a K?

Quote Originally Posted by Otis
    Why does everyone spell California with a K?
    'kause.

It's a dig at Euro-English and Totalitarianism, as in People's Republic of Kalifornia, since the state seems to know what's 'best' for its citizens and outlaws other choices.

SSKC

During the '60's, the leftist showed their disrespect by spelling "America" as "Amerika."

This is our "turn-about."

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick
    Move out of California?
    I did !...
    get one of these...used of course... Colt Mustang .380 or NAA mini-revolver in .22 mag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links