Question for Sig owners - Page 3

Question for Sig owners

This is a discussion on Question for Sig owners within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have a 239 (9mm) and two 220 Carry's (.45ACP) although one does belong to a friend. I love all of them. The 220 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question for Sig owners

I currently have a 239 (9mm) and two 220 Carry's (.45ACP) although one does belong to a friend. I love all of them. The 220 carry is only slightly more troublesome to conceal than the 239 but they both conceal very well. You cant go wrong with either one. You've made a good choice looking at Sig's
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

P250 for me, different frame to match your hand size, 357, .40, 9mm, and .45 in one gun (when the conversion kits are finally available) and man is this thing accurate. What more could you ask for?
    Thanks,
    Rock

I carry a 229 (357 sig) also have the 40 s+w barrell with it just becouse the 40 ammo is cheaper and easier to find .

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I'm narrowing it down for my 1st firearm. Looking mostly at Sigs, specifically a P-220 carry that the majority of my LEO friends (and CCW ladies) have recommended. Going to test one at the range tomorrow, and a mosquito shortly.
    I have 4 (well 5 SIGs, but your not going to CC a SIG 556 )and for carry I'd use either my 239 (in 9mm) or my 229 (either 357SIG or 40). For "field" use I'd go with either the 226 (in 9mm) or the 220 (in .45).

All of them shoot pretty much equally well. If you can live with the single stack the 239 is the easiest to make disappear.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Sp2340 in 357 sig, love this gun,gets carryed a lot,

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    As for the magazines, Top Gun Supply has decent prices on the Mec-Gar and Novak mags for SIG. Novak makes the factory P220 mags and Mec-Gar makes all the other ones, so it's basically the same as buying factory mags at about half off.
    i have 5 mec-gar mags for my 229 357 that all are worthless. i got them because brownell's had them on special, they will be all going back thanks to brownell's guarantee, i would rather have two sig mags that work.

Bunny...
    Going with the Sig is a great choice. I've owned or shot alot of different pistols over the years and I love my Sig P220 carry SAO. Sweet to handle .. recoil I feel is (medium to mild) reasonable to handle and quick to point back on target. The single stack mag makes the 1.50" frame easy to handle and conceal. Good luck and let us know how you did at the range.

I carry a P239 in .40. Love this gun...it shoots much better than I do and I've had zero problems with it over about a 1000 rounds now. I looked at all the Sigs when I was choosing an EDC. Just doing research, I thought the P220 Carry or the 229 would be an easy choice. However, they both just felt like big guns to me (for carry) when I tried 'em out.

The 239 is easily concealed. Winter carry is a piece o' cake. I'm having a fairly easy time concealing it with cargo shorts and a golf shirt now. It's a little tougher with just a t-shirt. I feel like it's really easy to see when I don't wear something over a T-shirt. Thinking about a G27 or a Kahr MK40 for the summer. I do realize the G27 is a touch thicker than the 239. It does only have 7+1, but if you feel uncomfortable with that you can always carry a spare mag.

BTW, I carry it in a Milt Sparks VMII that I picked up at Top Gun Supply. I put myself on their "email me when it comes in list" and was able to buy it a week later. Great deal.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Well, the verdict is in...I'm definitely loving the Sig!

I used the Mosquito .22 to qualify for class yesterday. (I passed! Photos are posted, woohoo!) I LOVED the feel of it, way more than the Walther p22 that I learned on a few weeks ago, but it had some serious issues with double feeds and misfires. I'm told that's pretty typical and that really the longer-barreled 22s in general have less problems than most carry-size ones. Also we had really cheap ammo, but hey -- beggars can't be choosers.

I got my hands on a 357, I think it was the 229? We only had 8 rounds with us, and my instructors said to just fire off a single round at first to make sure I could handle the recoil. I LOVED this one as well! I loaded the mag with the other 7 rounds and was dead-on target from about 7 yards, no problem with the recoil or flip. I don't plan on using anything from much farther than 7 yards anyhow in a SITF situation.

I'm going to check out a few more, they have at least 2 or 3 different 9mm models at the local public range, so I'll rent some for a day and practice with those.

But yeah, I think I'm definitely in love :)

Administrator
    Regarding the SIG .22 -
    "Also we had really cheap ammo,"

That is often the problem with .22 rimfire. Quality control on the .22 ammo really "falls off" big time with some bulk cheapo rimfire.
    It's often inconsistent and not always 100% reliable.

If you intend to carry a .22 as a BUG Back Up Gun or for primary personal protection you should stoke it with "Match Grade" ammo which has much, much, tighter QC.

BTW: The SIG pistols (in general) are just fantastic firearms.

The 357 shouldn't be a problem for you, you can buy a 40 and get another barrel. I have a 229 357&40 and a 239 357&40. I've ordered a 357 barrel for my wife (S&W M&P40c) as she enjoyed shooting my 239. Try out plenty and get what you want!!

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    QKShooter: exactly. I blame the ammo as much as anything, really. I don't plan to carry a .22 though. I was told ideally to carry the largest caliber I can reliably, comfortably, and accurately shoot. Since I did fine with the 357, I'm definitely in the market for at least a 9mm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links