Anyone have a CZ 75B AND a CZ RAMI?

This is a discussion on Anyone have a CZ 75B AND a CZ RAMI? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife has a CZ 75B and loves it. But she hates to carry it in her purse because of the weight and because it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a CZ 75B AND a CZ RAMI?

My wife has a CZ 75B and loves it. But she hates to carry it in her purse because of the weight and because it takes up so much room. The RAMI looks pretty good to me -- and I would prefer she have something with her all the time. Do any of you that have both or have shot both have any opinion? Is the trigger on the RAMI the same as the 75B? How does the recoil compare to the 75B if both are 9mm? I would love to her that they both shoot very similar...

Thanks!
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Some times its bad to speak in generalities, but CZ's in general are outstanding handguns. One of the very best handgun makers in the world.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Does she have a purse specifically built for concealed carry? That's a big gun to be lugging around in a purse.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    Does she have a purse specifically built for concealed carry? That's a big gun to be lugging around in a purse.
    As a matter of fact she does. Very nice, center zipper pocket. One of the models from here Secure Purse Home - Concealed Carry Purses

Which -- I found out about on this forum

Even I have to admit the CZ 75B is kind of heavy. It is much heavier than my "plastic gun" Glock G23. But it sure does shoot well.
    ....a politically incorrect right-wing fiscally-conservative libertarian NRA card-carrying gun-toting self-sufficient gainfully-employed Bible-believing church-going fundamentalist evangelical Christian. Perhaps you should avoid my company. I might contaminate you.

I love CZ's and have a number of them. Have you guys checked out the new P-07? The PCR is another good one to check out.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I'm not familiar with either. I'll check them out.

Maybe if your wife finds the CZ 75B too heavy in her purse it's time to start looking for something a little lighter. If she like the heavier gun so be it.

But, if she finds the gun too heavy it couldn't hurt to start looking for something a little lighter. IMHO
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Pirate,

I like those wood grips on your CZ, is that a standard configuration?
    Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeros everywhere... and I thought I saw a two.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    Maybe if your wife finds the CZ 75B too heavy in her purse it's time to start looking for something a little lighter. If she like the heavier gun so be it.

But, if she finds the gun too heavy it couldn't hurt to start looking for something a little lighter. IMHO
    That is why I am asking the question about the RAMI and how it compares to the CZ-75B trigger and shooting, since there is really no way for her to try one without buying one. The RAMI feels to me like about half the weight. I have not actually looked up what it is compared to the 75B.

From the CZ-USA website:

CZ-75B:
    Dimensions
    Weight 2.2 lbs
    Overall Length 8.1 in
    Barrel Length 4.7 in
    Height 5.4 in
    Width 1.4 in

CZ 2075 RAMI:
    Dimensions
    Weight 1.6 lbs
    Overall Length 6.6 in
    Barrel Length 3 in
    Height 4.7 in
    Width 1.3 in

They also make a RAMI-P which is polymer. It is the same size as the all steel RAMI above, but weight is 1.5 lbs (only save an ounce or two I guess).

I have a 75B in .40 and used to carry a RAMI in 9mm. I loved the RAMI. Shot very accurately for a subcompact and was reliable. It was a little thick for me to conceal easily, but then again I'm pretty thin and small framed. The main reason I traded it was that it only had a right side safety and I shoot lefty. The polymer ones have an ambi safety I believe, so I may have to look at picking one of those up. I love shooting my 75 and the RAMI wasn't bad to shoot at all. Hope this helps, for whatever its worth.
    -LP-
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times)

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Pirate,

I like those wood grips on your CZ, is that a standard configuration?
    No these grip panels are the OEM's. The wood grips are custom made by Dennis Marschalko.

Marschalgrips.com

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    My wife has the 75 Compact as well as a RAMI. Both shoot well and recoil is manageable on both. My assessment is the &% has a little better trigger than the RAMI, but your wife may feel differently. The really nice thing about the RAMI is it is available in the original alloy frame, a poly frame and also in a decocker model.

i was sure you could buy a cz75 alloy frame gun. but most the weight is the ammo. they hold 16 rounds, maybe you could help her a bit by dropping to a lighter grain bullet.

My wife went with me to the gun store today to see the RAMI. She loved it. We can't afford to get one yet -- but we will definitely be getting one for her in the future. My 19-year old daughter may wind up with one as well when she turns 21.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    My RAMI has as superior trigger over the 2 stock 75Bs that I've owned.

The CZ-USA tuned 75B Stainless was the exception.
    ---------------------------------
    I do prefer a Rami for carry over any other CZ pistol, but the PCR
    is OK for short trips.

The new RAMI D ( decocker ) is what I'd suggest for anyone looking to buy a RAMI.

More RAMI info:
    http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/czid/RAMI.html

http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php?board=6.0

------------
    Note: RAMI season is just starting, so buy one if you can find one;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links