XDm

This is a discussion on XDm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey, any thoughts on concealing the new springfield XDm 40? I was thinking of buying one but im not sure if its too big to ...

Thread: XDm

XDm

Hey, any thoughts on concealing the new springfield XDm 40? I was thinking of buying one but im not sure if its too big to conceal.

thanks
    spoz

2. Remove Ads

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Anything can be concealed with the correct belt, holster, and clothing...are you willing to experiment?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

JD
    Administrator
    I pull it off. You probably can too.

as was previously said .. you can conceal anything ... just need to experiment with clothing ... I usually wear a t-shirt and a button down unbuttoned and you can't tell I have my XDm 9mm on at all

I carry an XD.45 service IWB without any problems or I'm carrying one of my M&Ps
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

VIP Member
    Welcome from Texas!

You carry anything if you put your mind to it.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I carry a 9m XD in an IWB and it works great. If you experiment a little I'm sure you'll find a way to conceal comfortably without printing.

I picked up an XDm .40 about a month ago.

I have a new Tucker Heritage IWB holster on oder for it.

I currently use a Don Hume OWB Open Top holster for it and its very comfortable. Covers really well with a T-shirt and open button down shirt as a cover, or even a light windbreaker works fine too. Getting the proper cant and location is critical but its not much wider than my super thin Walther PPS .40. I think the Walther is just barely over 1" wide and the XDm is around 1.125" so not really that much for 16 shots vs 7 shot capacity.

I have only put about 75 rounds through it at this point but shoots really good and easy to handle. I wanted to put more through but just haven't had time. I didn't have problems with it all now thats not enough to say I am proficient with it or that I trust it 100% yet but I don't have any reservations about carrying it.

I have small hands and it has a much shorter reach than Glocks and M&P's or Sigs I picked up, so it suits me better. I didnt realize how much difference this made till watching a video of Todd Jarret on how to grip a pistol properly.

My hearty reccomendation is buy the XDm .40 cal and if you have a desire or need to shoot 9mm you can convert it.

thanks for all of the advise, it really helped

spoz

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I have an XD 45, and I don't have any problems. I have a Max-con V by Gary Brommeland that I'm very happy with, and can highly recommend.

Links