Got Another Glock!

Got Another Glock!

This is a discussion on Got Another Glock! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In my previous thread I was trying to decide between a Kimber Ultra or a G19. Then BikerRN suggested a G23 and get a conversion ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got Another Glock!

Got Another Glock!

In my previous thread I was trying to decide between a Kimber Ultra or a G19. Then BikerRN suggested a G23 and get a conversion barrel with a G19 mag. Another poster mentioned that I should keep the manual of arms the same since I already have a G36 and a PM9. Those both made sense to me.

Well, today I went to my main gun shop and they had a G23 w/night sights and three mags. It sounded like one of those LEO only deals but wasn't. So... I checked it out. Took a couple hours ride on the Harley to think on it and then went back and bought it. Took it straight to the range and put a box through it. Love it of course. It even fits the CrossBreed I bought for the G36! I'll still get the Kimber some day but right now they're scarcer then hens teeth! Already put a butt plug in.

Guess I better include a couple of pics or I'll catch hell.

DSC02176.jpg

DSC02177.jpg
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Congrats. I bought my G19 that way. It was an unfired overrun from NYPD. Trij night sights and 3 mags and the shop I got it from put in the standard trigger instead of the NY trigger. Enjoy it's "boring" reliability!

Quote Originally Posted by adaman04 View Post
    Congrats. I bought my G19 that way. It was an unfired overrun from NYPD. Trij night sights and 3 mags and the shop I got it from put in the standard trigger instead of the NY trigger. Enjoy it's "boring" reliability!
    Best as I can tell it has the standard trigger. Already ordered a LWD 3.5# connector.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump

ON ANOTHER

Congrats on the new gun. Always a great day to bring a new one home.
    -Cody-

HK USP Tactical 45
    HK P2000SK .40, LEM, Night Sights

hard to beat a glock. one of the best guns made. shoots great right out of the box.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Yeah! Congrats!!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

kpw
    Never a bad choice!
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by adaman04 View Post
    Congrats on the G23. I bought one a little over a month ago. 700 odd rounds later I'm still loving it! What's the story on the connector though?

Quote Originally Posted by David in MI View Post
    Congrats on the G23. I bought one a little over a month ago. 700 odd rounds later I'm still loving it! What's the story on the connector though?
    It's the connector Glock puts on their target models. I put one on my G36 and I like the lighter touch. Not a lot lighter, but I like it.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    It's the connector Glock puts on their target models. I put one on my G36 and I like the lighter touch. Not a lot lighter, but I like it.
    I see. So it takes a couple of pounds of resistance off the trigger. Did you order it from your dealer or can you get them directly from Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by David in MI View Post
    I see. So it takes a couple of pounds of resistance off the trigger. Did you order it from your dealer or can you get them directly from Glock?
    Lots of places. The Glock Store, Lone Wolf Dist., almost anybody that sell parts for Glock. Got the G36 connector at the Glock Store, this one at Lone Wolf. Lone Wolf has a lot of cool stuff for Glocks.

The 3.5# connector is loved by some, and others don't like it. It's a personal preference thing.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

I put a 3.5 lb connector and a g17 smooth trigger on my g19. It has about a 6 pound trigger pull now. I love it.

Congrats on the new Glock
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Congrats on another GLOCK!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links