Carry Gun Accuracy

This is a discussion on Carry Gun Accuracy within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a few different carry guns and have confident in my abilities with each one. That said, I wonder do you all carry the ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Gun Accuracy

Carry Gun Accuracy

I have a few different carry guns and have confident in my abilities with each one.

That said, I wonder do you all carry the gun in your collections with which you are most accurate?

I am currently carrying a G36 which I love the feel and size of and I'm absolutely confident with my accuracy. That said, my USPc .40 is my most accurate handgun but I've only recently entertained the idea of carrying it.

Just thought I would check with you all..
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

2. Remove Ads

Most accurate with my P226. Too big for EEC, so I use my P239 gor my G26.

I feel I am very accurate with those as well, just not as much as the P226.
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Super-duper paper punching accuracy is of secondary importance for a carry gun... I carry what works, what is reliable, and what is comfortable. All quality modern pistols are accurate enough for 0 - 25 yard combat shooting.

Let's see, my EDC is my Kimber Ultra CDP II and it is MORE accurate than I am.
    On my Harley, I take my Glock-36 (in fact, it just came back from a 2 hour cruise)...it's just as accurate.

I feel comfortable with either one.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I carry my P229 in .357Sig. Very accurate although, it would be tough to say it's better than the Colt 10mm 1911. Kel-Tec 3AT-> If I can hit a dinner plate at 15', I'm happy.
    Weapons list suppressed...........

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    Super-duper paper punching accuracy is of secondary importance for a carry gun... I carry what works, what is reliable, and what is comfortable. All quality modern pistols are accurate enough for 0 - 25 yard combat shooting.
    Ditto...hitting a stationary, painted bulleye...and then saying my gun is accurate in carry situations is an oxymoron. By the time you draw, aim, and shoot...the battle maybe over.

These are the responses I was expecting. Everyone has a super accurate safe-queen or a gun they love and just don't carry.

The USPc already has some holster wear, but I don't carry it because its a pretty thick pistol and the grip is a good deal longer than the G36.

I would rely upon both the HK and the Glock to go bang when called upon.
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

My most accurate gun is the 686, but it's too big for me to carry. I carry a G27, accurate enough to feel confident and trust it my life.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

The XD40sc is the most accurate with the Bersa 380 next and then the S&W442.
    JimH
    Kentucky
    S&W 442, Bersa 380, S&W 9mm M&P, Springfield XD40c
    Member: NRA, USCCA

Distinguished Member
    Carrying is optimization. The most accurate gun I ever shot was Taurus single action with an six or eight inch barrel. If I ever EDC, then I will sure practice most with it.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

No...all of my carries are plenty accurate enough for close quarters combat and I train regularly, shooting one handed and without sights, so reliability and comfortable come first for me.
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

Once my permit arrives, i'll be switching between a Kahr CW9, and a CZ RAMI 9mm. The CW9 is DAO, but is so thin it's hard not to carry. The CZ is much bulkier, being an alloy framed double stack, but the DA/SA trigger makes for easier shooting. Either way, I can punch one ragged hole at 10 yards, and stay well within the confines of a silhouette at 15+ yards. Given the SA trigger mode, I would vote for the RAMI as more accurate, but I'll be carrying the Kahr a majority of the time.

"The first thing you have to do is disarm the people. A disarmed public can't fight back" -- Adolf Hitler

VIP Member
    My 1911s are the weapons that I am the most accurate and consistent with so far. But... that may change once I break in my new Sig P-220R SAO!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I am accurate with all my handguns, because I am always at the range, shot placement is key with any handgun, so I will pick my CC gun of the day based on the plan of the day. Where I am going (predicted threat level) and clothing.

Example:

Shorts = LCP
    Jeans w/ Coat= 642 or XD 45
    jeans = 632

R/S Lego

I am confident with any pistol/load I carry. If it has been a while (such as seasonal changes where I'd go from the compacts to the full size OWB), then I will definitely be at the range making sure everything jives once again before we go out on the town together.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links