Walther PPS?

Walther PPS?

This is a discussion on Walther PPS? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey, I was checking the Walther PPS out at my LGS and all I can say is NICE!!! It will be my next CCW. I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPS?

Walther PPS?

Hey, I was checking the Walther PPS out at my LGS and all I can say is NICE!!! It will be my next CCW. I'm looking for some comments here from owners. Anyone?

Handled one myself....feels nice, but I am tol dby sveral on here and others that the trigger is not the best, and the gun as a whole is pretty overpriced for what it is.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have one in 9mm. Love the gun. Shoots well and have had absolutely no problems with it. Have shot quite a few different brands and bullet styles. I have had no feed problems or fire issues. Was a little pricey though, but still worth the money.

My SO uses it for her daily carry and loves it. The first time she shot it, emptied the clip in 1 1/2 inch group. (nice)

Just my .02 on this little gem.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Handled one myself....feels nice, but I am tol dby sveral on here and others that the trigger is not the best, and the gun as a whole is pretty overpriced for what it is.
    I can get a new one for $500 out the door. I don't know if that's a good price or not?

Great price!

I would stick to the 9mm version. The .40's have been a bit problematic (feed and ejection issues) and keep the S&W warranty center busy.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Lead Moderator
    I own a 9mm version. it is a good , slim gun. I have no issues with the trigger . It is not a pocket auto but a great compact auto. Accuracy is better than I expected.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Might check out this thread first. Seems there are those who are not happy with the way the service, or lack of is being done.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...r-walther.html

I have one and its my main Carry. Mine is also a 9mm. I paid about 550 for mine about a year ago. I love mine. The wife "thinks" that it is her gun but she doesn't want to carry. No biggie, I have a p2000 that is "mine".

DCT
    I have a matching pair of 9mm PPS's in the house. It's my wife's primary carry gun, though I carry my Sig more often. The PPS conceals very easily and is small, thin and light enough that I can actually forget I have it at times ... never happens with my Sig simply due to the added bulk and weight.

The mag release is a common point of contention, but in my eyes it's just a matter of getting used to it. You might want to look into the different mag sizes as they really do change the comfort of the gun in your hand. The 6 round is really nice and small .. but the 7 round mag (+1 in the chamber of course) fits my hand better and is therefore preferable for me ... see what works best for you. The 8 round mag is of course even larger, but you start to lose the benefit of the compact size (IMHO).

I still don't shoot as well with the PPS as I do with my Sig's .. but honestly I don't spend as much time practicing with it either .. it's the shooter and not the gun.

I think it's a great carry weapon.
    ** Sig P229 (9mm / .40) w/ CT / Walther PPS / Glock 27 / Kimber CDP Pro II **

Thanks for the responses!

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK23FAN View Post
    I can get a new one for $500 out the door. I don't know if that's a good price or not?
    Jump on it.

I have had no issues with just over 500 rds through it. Much more accurate at distance than I expected, as I bought it for EDC. And I love the trigger.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

VIP Member
    I like mine (9mm)and have had no issues with it.

If nothing else it's SLIM !

I do hate the magazine latch though.

The trigger on mine seems great to me, IMHO it has less travel than a Glock. BTW I like my two Glocks also.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Seems nice enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I like mine (9mm)and have had no issues with it.

If nothing else it's SLIM !

I do hate the magazine latch though.

The trigger on mine seems great to me, IMHO it has less travel than a Glock. BTW I like my two Glocks also.
    The thinness of it is what really turned me on to it. It felt pretty good in my hand. I bet that thing just disappears in a good IWB rig!

I have a Glock, XD and a PPS and the PPS is my favorite...I love how thin it is and I have no issues with the trigger...I haven't had any problems with FTF or FTE's ...mine is in 9mm and it is far more accurate than I thought it would be. $500 is a great price...I would jump all over it. The only down side is the mags are kinda pricey...Robbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links