Kahr P380

Kahr P380

This is a discussion on Kahr P380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Where is it, anybody seen one yet? Is it in the stores yet. It seems to have just died!!!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr P380

Kahr P380

Where is it, anybody seen one yet? Is it in the stores yet. It seems to have just died!!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

The owner of the gun shop where I work part-time has incredible connections that allow him to get ALL kinds of cool stuff very quickly. He has helped me out in the past on some hard-to-get items, and I've asked him to get me one if he could. Anyway, he cant seem to pin down the elusive P380. I've heard him on the phone with MANY vendors and has still come up empty-handed. I guess we still need more time Kevin.
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

I got on the waiting list at 2 local gun shops last summer. Medlock's Firearms in Collinsville, OK was the first to call with one in stock. Picked mine up 2 weeks ago, put 50 rounds through it and have been carrying it as my BUG since. My advice, get on waiting lists now. They are starting to trickle out into the community. By the way, it was worth the premium paid over LCP ($565 vs. $300). It's much better handling and the trigger is fantastic. Se my other post for more information. I'll try to get some pics posted over the weekend.

There were two for sale earlier in the week on GunBroker...600 plus.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

it might be some time before you can find/get one. the price will be high. i would keep on looking.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Maybe they are hesitant to put it out yet because they know that people won't be able to find ammo for it anywhere
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Looked at one at a shop in town, not much smaller than a pm9. Can 't remember the price. Good looking BUG!

I held one yesterday and compared it to my new LCP. It was a little smaller and felt great in the hand. I think it's considerably smaller than the PM9. I had planned on getting one but saw my friend's LCP with the CT laser and couldn't wait. It's probably a great gun, but I can't see paying $600 for it. For the price and size, the LCP is the best .380 available. I also have a P3AT that I'm selling to a friend. It's a good gun and reliable, but is definitely inferior to the LCP's fit and finish. Ruger struck gold by copying the P3AT and improving it. Now all they need to do is release a 9mm with a similar size.

I have two KTs; a P32 and P3AT. They are reliable, but not fun to shoot.
    I personally would not pay the price for the Kahr. Small .380s are not range guns in my view and as long as it is reliable I see no good reason to spend the money for the Kahr.

Regards,
    Jerry

+1 on the LCP in 9

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I personally don't know why anyone would go with that Kahr PM in 380acp when the various models in 40sw are the same price and only slightly bigger. If I was gonna carry a .380 offduty it would be something with double the capacity like a CZ52 or Beretta Cheetah.. For a pocket gun I'll take a airweight Jframe over a .380. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by patrol View Post
    I personally don't know why anyone would go with that Kahr PM in 380acp when the various models in 40sw are the same price and only slightly bigger. If I was gonna carry a .380 offduty it would be something with double the capacity like a CZ52 or Beretta Cheetah.. For a pocket gun I'll take a airweight Jframe over a .380. JMHO
    I have never seen a pistol chambered in 40 anywhere near the same size as the P380. I think you may be mistaken on how small it is.

edit: I see you were referring to price being about the same, not size. But still, the P380 is friggen small.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I have two KTs; a P32 and P3AT. They are reliable, but not fun to shoot.
    I personally would not pay the price for the Kahr. Small .380s are not range guns in my view and as long as it is reliable I see no good reason to spend the money for the Kahr.

Regards,
    Jerry
    +1. I have the P32 & PF9 and $ left over. Both have been very good gun's, summer and winter.

I think he may be referring to the pm9 and pm40...and they are not much smaller at all, and are very well thought of pocket guns.

Maybe I will just stick with my LCP and save me 600 dollars. It is already paid for
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links