Defensive Carry banner

Kahr P380

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  ccw9mm 
#1 ·
Where is it, anybody seen one yet? Is it in the stores yet. It seems to have just died!!!

#2 ·
The owner of the gun shop where I work part-time has incredible connections that allow him to get ALL kinds of cool stuff very quickly. He has helped me out in the past on some hard-to-get items, and I've asked him to get me one if he could. Anyway, he cant seem to pin down the elusive P380. I've heard him on the phone with MANY vendors and has still come up empty-handed. I guess we still need more time Kevin.

#3 ·
I got on the waiting list at 2 local gun shops last summer. Medlock's Firearms in Collinsville, OK was the first to call with one in stock. Picked mine up 2 weeks ago, put 50 rounds through it and have been carrying it as my BUG since. My advice, get on waiting lists now. They are starting to trickle out into the community. By the way, it was worth the premium paid over LCP ($565 vs. $300). It's much better handling and the trigger is fantastic. Se my other post for more information. I'll try to get some pics posted over the weekend.

#4 ·
There were two for sale earlier in the week on GunBroker...600 plus.

#6 ·
Maybe they are hesitant to put it out yet because they know that people won't be able to find ammo for it anywhere

#18 ·
Looked at one at a shop in town, not much smaller than a pm9.
The P380 is as small as a Ruger LCP or KelTec P3AT. At 4.9" length, 3.9" height and 0.75" width, it's dwarfed by the larger PM9. The P380 is nearly 1/2" shorter and 17% thinner. The 0.75" width is thinner than either the LCP or P3AT. The PM9 is as wide as the full-size Kahrs (ie, K9, P9). Might not seem a big difference to some, but it makes a difference in concealability.

#8 ·
I held one yesterday and compared it to my new LCP. It was a little smaller and felt great in the hand. I think it's considerably smaller than the PM9. I had planned on getting one but saw my friend's LCP with the CT laser and couldn't wait. It's probably a great gun, but I can't see paying $600 for it. For the price and size, the LCP is the best .380 available. I also have a P3AT that I'm selling to a friend. It's a good gun and reliable, but is definitely inferior to the LCP's fit and finish. Ruger struck gold by copying the P3AT and improving it. Now all they need to do is release a 9mm with a similar size. :image035:

#9 ·
I have two KTs; a P32 and P3AT. They are reliable, but not fun to shoot.
I personally would not pay the price for the Kahr. Small .380s are not range guns in my view and as long as it is reliable I see no good reason to spend the money for the Kahr.

Regards,
Jerry

#11 ·
I personally don't know why anyone would go with that Kahr PM in 380acp when the various models in 40sw are the same price and only slightly bigger. If I was gonna carry a .380 offduty it would be something with double the capacity like a CZ52 or Beretta Cheetah.. For a pocket gun I'll take a airweight Jframe over a .380. JMHO

#12 ·
I have never seen a pistol chambered in 40 anywhere near the same size as the P380. I think you may be mistaken on how small it is.

edit: I see you were referring to price being about the same, not size. But still, the P380 is friggen small.

#14 ·
I think he may be referring to the pm9 and pm40...and they are not much smaller at all, and are very well thought of pocket guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.