Got A LaserMax For My G36

This is a discussion on Got A LaserMax For My G36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Came in today and as soon as I got home from work I installed it. Not that difficult. Haven't been to the range yet. Hopefully ...

Thread: Got A LaserMax For My G36

Got A LaserMax For My G36

Came in today and as soon as I got home from work I installed it. Not that difficult. Haven't been to the range yet. Hopefully tomorrow. But thought I'd start the thread now with my initial impression.

First, I got it because CT doesn't make a grip laser for the G36 and this one doesn't change the outward appearance. All my holsters work with it. As an added bonus my favorite holster, the Crossbreed Supertuck, not only doesn't it turn on the laser (as many have said happens with some holsters) it turns it off for me! I was practicing drawing and turning it on, when I forgot to turn it off before I returned it to the holster. I took it out and, hey; it was off! I did this several more times and it worked every time... Bonus!

Some have said it's hard to turn on and off. The switch was stiff. Not mine. Turn it on with ease using my trigger finger. No problem.

The laser flashes. Hmmm... don't have any other guns with a laser so I have no other frame of reference, so it didn't seem to bother me. It's supposed to catch the eye more easily. We'll see.

Others have said that it's very hard to fieldstrip. Difficulty pulling down on the slide lock to remove the slide. Again, not mine. Works just as well as before.

Well... that's it. Next step is to take it to the range for the acid test. Will update ASAP after that. Can't wait. Wish me luck!
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Particularly nice compact self-defensive combination. The G36 & a LaserMax.
    While you should not ever depend entirely on the Laser - it's a nice possible advantage to have in your bag of tricks for some possible scenarios.

It's also a great tool for developing perfect trigger control that you check visually.

Senior Moderator
    I got one on a Glock 21.

Its great for driving the cat or dog crazy.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    It's also a great tool for developing perfect trigger control that you check visually.
    Yup, already started working on that while dry firing.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump

Enjoy!

I thought CT made grip lasers for all Glock models
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Quote Originally Posted by ckfarris View Post
    Enjoy!

I thought CT made grip lasers for all Glock models
    Nope, not the G36. Just the trigger guard mounted one.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Senior Member Array bigo5552000's Avatar
    nice combo!

a quick story....
    lasers can be very disheartening to the BG. I have a friend that was an LEO he did narcotics stuff. he was in a very rough part of Birmingham AL when he and his partner tried to pull over someone when they finally got him to stop after a short chase he bailed out of the car and took off on foot! he was a big guy maybe 6'2"-4" 275-300lbs. when they finally caught him by tackling him my friend pulled his weapon which has crimson trace grips on it and trained the sights on the guys chest. the ruff and tuff guy started to cry and emptying his pockets (pistol, dope, scale, money, ect..) the whole time saying"dont shoot me man dont kill me man please dont kill me" while my friend telling him to keep his hands up! he said that as soon as he saw that laser on him he just broke down crying!! so i believe lasers can be a very good physiological advantage to have!!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by bigo5552000 View Post
    nice combo!

a quick story....
    lasers can be very disheartening to the BG. I have a friend that was an LEO he did narcotics stuff. he was in a very rough part of Birmingham AL when he and his partner tried to pull over someone when they finally got him to stop after a short chase he bailed out of the car and took off on foot! he was a big guy maybe 6'2"-4" 275-300lbs. when they finally caught him by tackling him my friend pulled his weapon which has crimson trace grips on it and trained the sights on the guys chest. the ruff and tuff guy started to cry and emptying his pockets (pistol, dope, scale, money, ect..) the whole time saying"dont shoot me man dont kill me man please dont kill me" while my friend telling him to keep his hands up! he said that as soon as he saw that laser on him he just broke down crying!! so i believe lasers can be a very good physiological advantage to have!!
    Yep, as in...

Did anyone see the latest "Numbers" serial episode, where Don got shot?
    In the end the scene is in darkness and the BG has about 6-8 lasers on his chest and Mr. Tough Guy gives up the fight.
    Looked pretty cool...I know, I know, it's TV...I just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonabq View Post
    Well... that's it. Next step is to take it to the range for the acid test. Will update ASAP after that. Can't wait. Wish me luck!
    I am real curious to see how you fell about the laser after a little range time. I am thinking real hard about adding a laser to my carry weapon.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Too busy for the range... soon. Gotta go.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

I love my Lasermax internal on my G21SF, I also have a Lasermax Universal on my Glock rail on both of my G30SF's (one is green, which is visible even in daylight, and the other is red). As far as I'm concerned they are a great investment. I only use them on overcast days ( the red ones) and the green I can use even if the sun is out. I don't rely on them, but it's nice to have on the guns. I also agree they are great for dryfire practice for better trigger control. Hope you enjoy it on your G36. Good luck and stay safe.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    I am real curious to see how you fell about the laser after a little range time. I am thinking real hard about adding a laser to my carry weapon.
    Mike
    I'm of the personal opinion that all carry guns should have Night Sights and Lasers.

If I could only have one of the two, it would be the laser.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I'm of the personal opinion that all carry guns should have Night Sights and Lasers.

If I could only have one of the two, it would be the laser.

Biker
    Trijicons are on the way for the G36. Triji's are already on my G23 and I've pre-ordered the new Crimson Trace "Coming Soon" grip laser. Should be out in about a month.
    Jeff
    NRA Member

Links