Polish P-64 - My newest aquisition...

This is a discussion on Polish P-64 - My newest aquisition... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just ordered a Polish P-64 (9x18 Makarov) Looks like a nice little gun. Supposedly a very heavy DA spring but that will be remedied with ...

Thread: Polish P-64 - My newest aquisition...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Just ordered a Polish P-64 (9x18 Makarov)

Looks like a nice little gun. Supposedly a very heavy DA spring but that will be remedied with a Wolff spring kit. I am looking forward to getting it in-hand next week and posting my impressions. (the one in the picture is a stock photo from CFS) If they are as nice as is being reported then $149 is the steal-deal of the month. All steel construction. Will last a couple lifetimes. I bought a spare mag and 500 rounds of ammo too. ::):

Polish P64 9x18 Makarov Pistol Part #POL-P64

VIP Member
    Not sure about the re-sale issues but I'd sent it off to Robar and have it refinished in satin Roguard. I think it would turn out looking fantastic!

P.S. Hmmm, I just noticed your photo may not be the actual copy you purchased, but still.
    Regards,
    Last edited by Saber; April 25th, 2009 at 04:24 PM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I saw one just yesterday in quite good condition for $250. Your $150 is a good price. These are well made little pistols. I bet the ammo was almost as much as the gun, but al least you have some!

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    I saw one just yesterday in quite good condition for $250. Your $150 is a good price. These are well made little pistols. I bet the ammo was almost as much as the gun, but al least you have some!
    My FFL has a good relationship with Centerfire Systems, Inc. - Your Home For Ammo, Firearms, Magazines, and Gun Accessories and he asked them to cherry-pick him a couple of real beauty's. I am sure they will look very nice. A friend who recently got one from CFS reported that it only had wear marks from storage and was otherwise 100% new internally including bore. I am looking forward to seeing how it looks when it gets here this week.

Don't we long for the days when a Makarov in excellent condition could be bought for $100? I bought several and sold one and gave one away. I still have 3; a Russian commercial (Baikal), a like new EG, and a Bulgy that is my bedside gun. All are 9X18.

I have not heard anything bad about the P-64. In time let us know how you like it.

Regards,
    Jerry

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Don't we long for the days when a Makarov in excellent condition could be bought for $100? I bought several and sold one and gave one away. I still have 3; a Russian commercial (Baikal), a like new EG, and a Bulgy that is my bedside gun. All are 9X18.
    I have not heard anything bad about the P-64. In time let us know how you like it.Regards,Jerry
    I have 2 Bulgie Maks and a P64 - total cost about $425

The P64 is an accurate little sucker - you will like it.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

i got a p64 several years ago. great gun and well made. it is based on the ppk. breaks down the same, etc... when you get you will need to give it a good cleaning before you shoot it. if you don't clean it/break it all the way down, it will not shoot good. there is a p64 site called the unofficial p-64 resource on the net. they are a good group and have everything you will need/want to know about the gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I'm glad you posted this. I just saw one of these guns for sale at Gander mountain. Used of course for $250. I was very interested but not knowing anything about it, I was skeptical.

M&P9c
    SW99 40cal.
    SuperTuck

Quote Originally Posted by woody99 View Post
    I'm glad you posted this. I just saw one of these guns for sale at Gander mountain. Used of course for $250. I was very interested but not knowing anything about it, I was skeptical.
    I should be taking possession of it around Thursday and I will post my initial impressions when I do. I probably wont be able to get to the range until the following week because of a tight schedule but rest assured I will post my range report too.

I think this is a pic of Frank Makos P64 from the P64 forum.

Senior Member Array bigo5552000's Avatar
    ive been looking at these!! if i had some more money i would jump on it!!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

Sponsored Links