Taurus MILLENNIUM PRO™ 145 has been out for awhile...

This is a discussion on Taurus MILLENNIUM PRO™ 145 has been out for awhile... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And I am curious how well these pistols have been holding up for their owners. I realized I haven't been keeping track of how this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

And I am curious how well these pistols have been holding up for their owners. I realized I haven't been keeping track of how this pistol is holding up, and I just wanted to check and see what owners have to say so far.
    Beretta 92FS

I think this has been one of Taurus's biggest sellers and best SA guns. I bought the pt745 to have a slim, compact 45. It has been reliable. It starts getting dirty after about 150 rounds and the range and starts to FTF. Im not a Taurus fan, and bought it because my gunstore didnt have any pm45's in stock. But, it has surprised me. The mags suck, but the gun is not bad for the price. Oh, the 745 is the same gun as the 145, just a slimmer grip.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

I'm very happy with mine, I shoot a lot, never had any problem whatsoever.

I know some folks (including myself) have had trouble with the 145 being able to reliably feed the first 3 rounds or so of the 10 round mags. I fought with the magazines for months and never could get them to feed correctly. I sent the mags back to Taurus and then waited almost 3 months for replacements. I also bought a 3rd magazine off the shelf with the same problems. I'll probably never buy another Taurus product simply because of their poor customer service. I'd pay the little bit extra for a Glock 36 or maybe a compact 1911 if it were me.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    My 745 runs like a watch... small, concealable, it's a .45 so its got some thump... what's not to like?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I love all of mine, As you can see that is all I have.
    34 hand guns and still going.....

EX-NRA lifetime Member

You certainly are a fan of Taurus. ha
    Beretta 92FS

I've ran about 1000 round through my PT145. Never had a jam. It does have some kick to the recoil. I've only had one bullet misfire, you could see where the pin hit it but didn't fire. They were Remmington bullets. Never had a problem with Winchesters. The only problem I've had is with my PT111, the shaft on the fiiring pin keeps shearing off, it's done it twice.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

had one for a month...I LOVE THIS GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PT145......
    Goes bang everytime.

How is the PT145 for concealment? I'm thinking about getting one as my ccw and have basically narrowed it down to it and the Kel Tec pf9 or p11. I know the PT145 is a little bigger but seems to be a good value for a .45.
    "The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" George Benard Shaw

My wife has a pink one. She loves it. I hate to admit it, but I do enjoy shooting that pink gun too. Runs flawlessly, accurate enough for the situations it would be used for, has yet to jam.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I work at a gun shop and we stock and sell quite a few Taurus pistols and revolvers.

While I don't, and probably won't, ever own one I will give results of the ones I have sold and the two I have fired.

First off we have sold several this year. Not all of those were sold to people I know and I don't have 100% return results. Of the ones sold only one has come back so far for repair.

Three have been sold to people I do know.

- One sold to one of my college math professors. It crapped out from the beginning. Sights were loose or came loose after firing and the gun shoots 18 inches low at 30 feet. It came with the Heine three dot sights and was a Millennium CA edition, not the Pro. Has been sent back to Taurus and has been gone three weeks. Owner says he will probably sell it when it gets returned.

- Another sold to a friend and is a good shooter. Accurate and no feed problems so far after the first three weeks of ownership. It is a Millenium Pro edition and has Heine straight "8" sights. I personally fired this one and it did shoot well and was accurate.

- Another sold today to a local forum member and acquaintance. It was the Millenium Pro edition with Heine three dot sights. Will get a range report soon and will likely have a chance to fire this gun at the range.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

My brother-in-law has a 145 that shoots fine. His father-in-law bought one that had to be sent back for repairs, not sure how it shoots now.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTop View Post
    How is the PT145 for concealment? I'm thinking about getting one as my ccw and have basically narrowed it down to it and the Kel Tec pf9 or p11. I know the PT145 is a little bigger but seems to be a good value for a .45.
    RockyTop,

Since you're talking about concealment I suggest you take a look at the PT745. It's the same pistol as the PT145 but slimmer and lighter.

Mine has been 100% reliable. And, has eaten everything I've feed it. Its a very comfortable "fit" and "grip" to the hand (at least to my medium sized one) and is very comfortable to shoot. It fits beautifully into a belly band rig and my ThunderWear (if I'm not wearing tight jeans.)

Regards, Quiet1
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by Quiet1 View Post
    RockyTop,

Since you're talking about concealment I suggest you take a look at the PT745. It's the same pistol as the PT145 but slimmer and lighter.

Mine has been 100% reliable. And, has eaten everything I've feed it. Its a very comfortable "fit" and "grip" to the hand (at least to my medium sized one) and is very comfortable to shoot. It fits beautifully into a belly band rig and my ThunderWear (if I'm not wearing tight jeans.)

Regards, Quiet1
    Thanks! I've seen that online but wasn't sure how different it was from the 145 other than holding fewer rounds. I'll have to look more closely at it. As a ccw 6+1 should do the trick, if not, then you're in trouble no matter what.
    "The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" George Benard Shaw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links