The Grendal P-12 any experience anyone?

This is a discussion on The Grendal P-12 any experience anyone? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few years ago my dad the guntrade genie bought a 1911 Officers ACP for 400 bucks, and got a free gun with it. A ...

Thread: The Grendal P-12 any experience anyone?

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar

The Grendal P-12 any experience anyone?

A few years ago my dad the guntrade genie bought a 1911 Officers ACP for 400 bucks, and got a free gun with it. A Grendal P-12 .380acp. From what I have found out about this thing is the most difficult weapon to break down, or well anything other then pulling the trigger. So Im wondering if anyone else has delt with them. Ive carried it a few times as a BUGs BUG. We just dont trust it that much, although it loves Hollowpoints.....
    Anyways anyone else had any range time or know anyone else that has had one of these truely fugly guns?
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I carried one as a BUG in the early 90's (or was it a P-10?). Anyway, got rid of it a long time ago. Worked OK, just didn't like it.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    PITA to disassemble, and a long, HEAVY trigger, but mine was reliable and relatively accurate (which was surprising considering that it took half an hour to complete the trigger pull). A Kel-Tec predecessor, and not the best gun ever made, but acceptable for what it is...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

this is the kel tec predecessor. it is a good gun. will make a nice mouse gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Yup, bought one in the early 90's and still have it. It's a snotty little gun to shoot and as you said breaking down the gun makes you not want to shoot it. I don't care for it but for some reason I have yet to sell it. I guess I would feel bad about pawning it off on someone else.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Well thanks guys. Just wondered about it, I carried a little till I got my hands on a Bersa. Now its purely a safegun.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Well thanks guys. Just wondered about it, I carried a little till I got my hands on a Bersa. Now its purely a safegun.
    Don't be afraid to give it a try, take for a few test rides. You may have a totally different opinion of it when you do. Good luck
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

To be perfectly honest I havent fired it, my dad did. He said it was the most "Angry" little pistol he's ever fired, felt more like a .45, then a .380.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    To be perfectly honest I havent fired it, my dad did. He said it was the most "Angry" little pistol he's ever fired, felt more like a .45, then a .380.
    He is right, when I said snappy I wasn't kidding it was more of an understatement. It's been a few years since I have fired it but my hand gets sympathy pains just thinking about it.

NRA Member

Okay after this I have to take this thing out of its cage. See how bad this thing bites. Considering Ive fired a Snubbie S&W 500, with reloads over factory loading, never doing that again. I just got to see how mean this puppy can get.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Ah the memory returns little by little...

The plastic around the grip was starting to wear off in a very ugly manner, like someone had scrubbed it with steel wool or concrete.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links