Finally "pulled the trigger" and bought an LCP!

This is a discussion on Finally "pulled the trigger" and bought an LCP! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It only took me 4 months of deciding, and looking, and not finiding, and holding, and deciding..Finally got the call from Budsgunshop that they had ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally "pulled the trigger" and bought an LCP!

Finally "pulled the trigger" and bought an LCP!

It only took me 4 months of deciding, and looking, and not finiding, and holding, and deciding..Finally got the call from Budsgunshop that they had one for me and started the paperwork :)

I finally picked the LCP over the PM9. Largely due to money at the current time, and fact I could not find an all black PM9. I will get a PM9 later for the collection though

Anyways, What do you guys think about the Crimson Trace laser for it? I found a site with it for sale for $159.

Also, what extension's are the best? Pearce or Ruger?

I was thinking about getting the Desantis Nemesis pocket holster since that seems to be the people's choice..I live in Florida and with this purchase, will be able to be armed 100% of the time as opposed to 15% of the time with my P2000sk!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I think you're wasting time effort and money on the CT, its a belly gun intended to point and squeeze at short distances. Adding bulk and weight to the gun would be counter productive, especially with an unneeded gadget.

Pocket holsters; there are a ton of them out there. Desantis seems to be the lowest cost with an acceptable standard. I have one for my J Frame, and have been happy with it. I'm sure there are nicer and fancier, but I like the KISS theory.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I agree with SIXTO about the CT laser but if that is what you want then go for it. I have an LCP also and it's a sweet little gun. Good luck...
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I carry an LCP as a BUG every day, and definitely appreciate the capabilities that the Crimson Trace gives me. While it's most likely a simple point & shoot gun, you cannot predict what you'll need it for. Mine has been quite accurate, easily able to hit a 12" plate at 75yd.

Even in a closer range situation, visual confirmation of your aiming point isn't a bad thing. This is especially true if you're wounded or otherwise impaired, which is one reason you might be pulling a BUG in the first place ...
    Train Hard, Stay Safe!
    Todd Louis Green
    pistol-training.com

Worse comes to worse, I can always resell the laser. I am sure there will be a buyer as common as the LCP's are getting.

Do any of you guys have the grip extensions on? I found on ebay a guy selling 2 pearce extensions for 12.99 with free shipping

I love my LCP. I CC mine in a Blackhawk size 3 pocket holster. I've been practicing my draw and presentation. I feel that the gun sits too far down into the holster so my initial draw is accompished with only my ring finger, once drawn about 2" I can get my middle finger around the grip and present. I hate this and am planning to modify the holster by making it more shallow. Allowing for a better initial grip but still cover the trigger.

MT
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators10 View Post
    Worse comes to worse, I can always resell the laser. I am sure there will be a buyer as common as the LCP's are getting.

Do any of you guys have the grip extensions on? I found on ebay a guy selling 2 Pearce extensions for 12.99 with free shipping
    Personally, I wouldn't bother with the grip extensions. I prefer to keep the gun as small as possible. I would buy an extended mag for the more capacity and carry that as my reload.
    To answer the question directly, I don't think it matters if you get the Ruger or the Peirce. As far as I can tell, they are the same... but I have neither so take that with a grain of salt.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Congrats on a nice little gun!

I agree with the general consensus on the LT though....not worth the effort on a gun really intended for 10'-15' or so.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    The consensus seems to be that the Pearce grips are the superior product if you want to get extensions for your LCP.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I think you're wasting time effort and money on the CT, its a belly gun intended to point and squeeze at short distances. Adding bulk and weight to the gun would be counter productive, especially with an unneeded gadget.

Pocket holsters; there are a ton of them out there. Desantis seems to be the lowest cost with an acceptable standard. I have one for my J Frame, and have been happy with it. I'm sure there are nicer and fancier, but I like the KISS theory.
    I agree with Sixto on the KISS theory for most things. However, one can make the argument that these kinds of guns are what the CT are best made for where u have rudimentary sights and may need the added capability in certain situations. I would not feel incompetent with the gun, if it did not have it...you would just have to know the limitations of your hardware.

That being said...they do look really cool on the LCP... IMO, more so than any other like an Armalaser, Etc. Those who know me know I usually take function and practicality over anything that just looks good. IE my love affair with the Glock. LOL
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators10 View Post
    I finally picked the LCP over the PM9. Largely due to money at the current time, and fact I could not find an all black PM9. I will get a PM9 later for the collection though
    Big +1 on getting both. You can never have too many! I have both and like them both, but am mostly carrying the PM9 since I can get ammo for it.
    I have the CT on my LCP and like it, but if you're tight on money - skip it.
    I have big hands and can't get any kind of grip on the LCP without the mag extension. I have the Pierce extentions, but there is a new extension from Ruger that some folks like.
    I like the solid feel of a good leather holster. Mine are from Pocket Holsters
    Here is my pair:

The Crimson Trace rocks on these things. Don't let anyone discourage you. The standard sights are pathetic at best and really, what SD pistol is designed for target engagement beyond 10 or 15 yds.? There is no disadvantage to being able to see your POA, regardless of hold.

I donít have an LCP but I do have a Kel-Te P3AT 380Ö I have a pinky extension on both of my magazines, and I carry it in a nemesis pocket holster. Itís a purely self defense point and shoot pistol, intended for close quarter use, and I do not see a need for laser sites to shoot 10 feet.

But, laser sites are nice, and I see no reason not to equip your LCP with one if you want one.

here, try this place:

Elsie Pea Store - Accessories for the Ruger LCP

I have the mag extension for mine, because I have big hands and the extension gives me a little more control
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

For this type of gun you really should learn and practice "point and shoot". The Crimson Trace can be used as a training aid for that. But you really should learn to do instinctive shooting with any mouse gun and not rely on sights. I would go so far as to recommend you develop, practice and hone your Point and Shoot techniques for ALL self defense shooting situations regardless of the gun carried.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links