S&W 1006... anything like it?

This is a discussion on S&W 1006... anything like it? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Euclidean True... I think it's just the gun and 2 mags though... granted it looks pretty darn good. May be worth it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 1006... anything like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    True... I think it's just the gun and 2 mags though... granted it looks pretty darn good.

May be worth it as a hard investment.
    Sounds like a good deal to me..... .....would be nice of it were a 1066 though..then again.......we have a G20 with hi caps for 435.00 heheheh bTW..........I found a S&W 625 5 incher that's used.....Tho I'm not wanting that type of Smith..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    Sounds like a good deal to me..... .....would be nice of it were a 1066 though..then again.......we have a G20 with hi caps for 435.00 heheheh bTW..........I found a S&W 625 5 incher that's used.....Tho I'm not wanting that type of Smith..
    I'd love to find a 1086, 1046 or 1026 for that price! I'd probably find Bin Laden first before finding those S&W 10mm's at that price though.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Let Bob work his magic... the man can find anything...

I have the 1066 as a truck gun. I would not hesitate to carry it. Its full sized with a 4 1/2" barrel. Excellent shooter. The largest sized semi-auto I own. Ammo is not expensive. It is believed to be because its not one of those calibers that everyone has. Convience of buying that caliber bullet is expensive. On-line order is best and cheapest in bulk.
    http://www.ammoman.com/
    http://www.georgia-arms.com/index.htm and there are others...

In my misspent youth, I had a 1026. I traded it off, as I didnt realize how cool it was.

Back then, twenty years ago, ammo was 20 bucks a box. One can get it from ammoman or others for a lot less. Its a lot less in case lots.

I often thought that if I were to go to Alaska, a 10mm would be what I would carry handgun wise.

Fifteen rounds of deep penetrating 10mm sent down range as a final option for bears is better than a 357 or a 9mm. You can't have your shotgun or big game rifle every where you go in the bush.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    I've seen that rear sight on something before, what is it? Looks problematic for snags and such.
    Jack
    Jack..........those sights were placed on the early 5904/3904 types, as well as the 469/459/559/ 639/659 series Smiths........the shroud protected the adjustable sights from becoming snagged in clothing. Actually, the design works VERY well..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Keeney
    In my misspent youth, I had a 1026. I traded it off, as I didnt realize how cool it was.

(SNIP)
    ....or how rare either.

Yikes....sorry to hear about you trading it off....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artz
    I have the 1066 as a truck gun. I would not hesitate to carry it. Its full sized with a 4 1/2" barrel. Excellent shooter. The largest sized semi-auto I own. Ammo is not expensive. It is believed to be because its not one of those calibers that everyone has. Convience of buying that caliber bullet is expensive. On-line order is best and cheapest in bulk.
    http://www.ammoman.com/
    http://www.georgia-arms.com/index.htm and there are others...
    +1 to artz's comments.

I will add http://www.doubletapammo.com/ as a great company to purchase ammo from. I think it was Double Tap Ammo's 10mm loadings that first opened the eyes of people as to the "awesomeness" of this versatile round.....in fact as I type this message, I have a box of 50 rounds of their 165 grain Golden Saber JHP which is driven at 1425 FPS out of a 4.6" barrel. My S&W 1066 and other 10mm's are accurate shooters with this round.

I currently own a SW 4506 and 1006, best handguns I have ever owned or shot! As for SD I would trust my life in any situation to either one of them. People say it's too heavy for carry but I say skrew it I'm a man I'll take it ha! I'm actually looking for another 1006 or possibly a 5906 the full size is just a sexy gun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links