sig v H&K

This is a discussion on sig v H&K within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; H&K, it's what's for dinner!!!!!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sig v H&K

H&K, it's what's for dinner!!!!!
    “Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” Thomas Paine

"He who is prudent and lies in wait for an enemy who is not, will be victorious". Sun Tzu

2. Remove Ads

When in doubt, buy one of each.
    NRA Life Member.
    H&K USP Compact .40
    Among others.

I carry a Kimber for EDC, but next to my bed is my trusty and flawless Sig P226.

I have shot the H&K, but prefer the Sig. Had I bought both, my clothes would have thrown onto the driveway when the missus found out. Sadly, I had to make a choice. Make yours, but I stilll recommend you buy both!

I currently own a p226 (9mm) and a USP-45c. The Sig is truly a tack driver. That said, I prefer to carry the HK cocked-and-locked. Yea, the 226 is somewhat larger, but it carries nicely also (in a Milt Sparks VMII). As many have said before me, both are fine makers of guns -- though, there is some question as to whether or not current management of Sig Sauer is taking their products down a path that might make them less reliable. Time will tell.

Administrator
    Of course my nod goes to Sig. I really like the P30, but I just cant justify the price tag for what it is.
    Sig is a lot easier to deal with should you ever need parts or service, and the trigger is far better than the HK, plus you have more options to make it exactly how you want it, not just what the manufacture says it needs to be.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I had a USP .45 full, and have a P226... 2 diff calibers, but i'll give you the run down

HK USP
    Pros:
    • Just a badass gun, the thing just looks mean lol...
    • if you have big hands, the grip is sweet
    • ambi friendly
    • very sturdy
    • great capacity (at least for .45)
    • pretty accurate, HK knows how to make .45s (look at Mk23)

Cons:
    • trigger could be smoother, I don't like the plastic trigger either, it causes flexing
    • very unfriendly to new shooters, likes to stovepipe if you don't handle her correctly
    • not as accurate as my P226? (even though diff calibers)
    • decocker SLAMS the hammer, hopefully your firing pin block is intact!

Now the P226R
    Pros:
    • Fits my hand PERFECT
    • I like the weight to it, better follow ups
    • VERY smooth trigger (DA/SA)
    • Modern rails instead of USP only rails
    • with the +2 and Mecgar mags, 20 rounds!!!!!! (flush 18)
    • AWESOME accuracy, I am very good with it, (although I tend to shoot low/right, not sure why, sights?)
    • more holster/accessory options, etc
    • I like how the decocker releases the hammer slowly and doesn't slam it like the USP

Cons:
    • Not lefty friendly at all
    • Thats really all I can think of
    • pricey?

I was in the same boat but finally ended in the H&K pile. I do expect that a Sig will be in the collection down the road though. Its all about variety and choice.
    2A is not negotiable

They are both good guns, it's such a subjective thing, just get whatever feels best to you.

That said, the first gun that ever made me feel a tingle down my leg was the HK MP5.

got Sig's ?......

Really I have owned a bunch over the years. CPOs, and new Sigs. I have never had a problem with any of the except when breaking my Sig 22. After a couple hundred rounds no problem there either....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

I have both and love both.........I know what! Get BOTH! LOL GOOD LUCK!
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

VIP Member
    My vote is for the Sig as well. I do agree with the pro and con list above. The HK P2000 is a nice gun, my brother was issued one when he became a Border Patrol Agent, and he really likes it. But when he shot my Sig P220, he loved it.
    The quality of both are teriffic, the accuracy is great, prices are simmilar. Try to shoot both and pick the one (or two) that's best for you.
    The CS is better with Sig, should you ever need it. Best of luck, and remember......NOTHING BEATS A SIG!!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Had almost a dozen HKs; have 1 Sig. Don't plan on replacing the HKs. HK parts are harder to come by, far more expensive, and their synthetic guns are obscenely overpriced.

Sig...

or a Glock 19.

taseal, if you are right handed and tend to shoot low right, try using less finger on the trigger.

As far as HK vs Sig, can't go wrong either way
    NRA Life Member.
    H&K USP Compact .40
    Among others.

I have both and they are great handguns.

The Sig P226 has over 10,000 trouble free rounds in it and the trigger went from good to great when I installed the SRT. The H&Ks conceal a bit better for me and you just feel the quality when you rack the slide. Their triggers could use some work.

When it comes to reliability I do not think you can do any better than either of these guns. Customer service is probably better on Sig. But CS on an Astra is probably better than H&K's.

I have shot the Sig in various competitions and it has performed great. For some reason I strangely shoot both H&Ks as good with 1 hand as 2????

GKG
    Get a Sig, NOT even close, if you're a LEO get an H&K since LEO's are the only customers they service.
    Geoff & Suzy-If you're reading it, Suzy typed it.
    In Loving Memory of my baby brother Benjamin Ian
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato
    "Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security." Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links