sig v H&K

This is a discussion on sig v H&K within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been considering the sig 228 in 9mm then saw the H&K P30 and 2000 at my local gun store. Both seem to be ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: sig v H&K

sig v H&K

I have been considering the sig 228 in 9mm then saw the H&K P30 and 2000 at my local gun store.

Both seem to be about the same price give or take - what do you guys think of the H&Ks any expereince?

2. Remove Ads

I know people who are fanatics about Sigs and others who are fanatics about H&Ks. From everything I've ever seen (I've shot both plenty of times but never owned either), they are both great guns, though I personally prefer the Sigs. I would shoot them both and go with the one I liked best.

You can't go wrong either way.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators10 View Post
    You can't go wrong either way.
    Exactly!

VIP Member
    I prefer the Sigs, ESPECIALLY the P228. The Sig trigger is almost always better, the fit and finish are better, the "feel" (while admittedly subjective) is better, and the customer service (not that you'd ever need it, in all likelihood) is better. IMO (and in that of several other fairly experienced folks) the P228 is about the finest 9mm compact out there, bar none.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I confess to leaning toward HK because they work great for me. But you really should try all of them if you can, and research or try as many trigger styles as you can. Both have variants that may appeal to your specific needs. In a very real way, you're comparing the two top contenders for quality, engineering, performance, etc.

My recommendation, on the HK side, is the P30, night sights, with lightened LEM trigger. Always a single-action pull, no external safety lever to forget. (Both the P30 and earlier P2000 have adjustable grips.)

Defensive Carry Guns

Prior to my retirement, my employer issued S&W Model 19's w/ 2 1/2
    inch barrel. After I retired, I bought a S&W Model 640 stainless .357
    with Crimson Trace laser grips and a DeSantis Nemises pocket holster.
    That served me well, especially in hot weather. Now I'm hooked on
    SigSauers, and carry a P-239 SAS DAK .40 with Crimson Trace laser grips (and Nemises pocket holster). Winter weather = Sig P229 SAS
    DAK w/DeSantis leather holster.

I like them both, but SIG better. OPFOR, what about the G19?

VIP Member
    The G19 is the most efficient, probably, and would be a VERY close second. The P228 is just somehow "sweeter."
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Why not buy both?
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    All three are very competent guns without doubt. I prefer the HKs because the ergonomics feel better to me. The P30 grip is without equal IMO...I'd get that one... first. All of my Sigs and HKs have been excellent pistols.

I am an HK guy myself. The ergonomics are just great on them especially the two models you are looking at with the interchangeable grip panels. I also like the sa/da trigger option personally. I can carry my HK the same as my 1911, cocked and locked. My USP compact has been totally reliable since day one and accurate, definitely worth the money. Good luck on your decision.
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

You cant go wrong with either I own a Sig P220 and an HK p2000 and am happy with both brands and a hard choice to make if you can only get one shoot them both then decide
    Sig P220R .45ACP
    Taurus PT92 9mm
    Rem 870 12ga.
    Bushmaster M-4 .223/5.56
    HK P2000 9mm
    Glock 31 .357

Of all the automatics I've shot (XD, Kimber, Glock, Sig P229, Beretta and H&K) I've personally loved the feel of the P229 best. It is by far the best, most personal gun for me... but then again, when you're dealing with great guns, it's all about what personally feels best.

Just buy them both...
    S&W 638 .38 :: Sig P229 :: Ruger MkIII :: VEPR K 5.45x39 AK-74 :: Mosin Nagant M44 :: Hi-Point 995 9mm (shoulder fired pistol)

I have shot many sigs, own one... sadly only one, and have shot about two or three HKs but i have to agree with an earlier post about the sigs trigger being better. Atleast I thought it was! But shoot both... your decision is the only one that matters!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links