Springfield xd45c vs. Taurus 1911 - Page 2

Springfield xd45c vs. Taurus 1911

This is a discussion on Springfield xd45c vs. Taurus 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Another vote for the XD. I just got an XD45c for carry after years of carrying an XD45 service. I actually find the 1911 comparable ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Another vote for the XD. I just got an XD45c for carry after years of carrying an XD45 service.

I actually find the 1911 comparable in terms of concealment - the XD wins for capacity and confidence (reliability).
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I will go opposite everyone else and say go ahead and get a taurus. It is a great 1911 that is hard to beat for the price. I love mine and have not had one bit of trouble out of it.

It seems the majority goes for the XD. I was leaning that way anyhow. I know that I want the XD, and I think I would rather wait and get a nicer 1911 some other time. I am also going to a 4 day 800 round training course at Front Sight, Nevada, and I'm confident the XD won't fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    It seems the majority goes for the XD. I was leaning that way anyhow. I know that I want the XD, and I think I would rather wait and get a nicer 1911 some other time. I am also going to a 4 day 800 round training course at Front Sight, Nevada, and I'm confident the XD won't fail me.
    Commend the choice for holding out for the XD, Have 2 service in .40 and 1 Tact-i-cool two-tone (5") in .40 also. Love those .40cal. You will have a blast at Front Sight-Took the wife for a 5day last Nov. Now a life member. A little apprehensive at 1st as with most new experiences, but excellent training, excellent instructional staff and support. Not the cheapest, but I feel definitely worth the $. Enjoy & give us some feedback!

Does anyone know the difference in width between the two? I can't find specs that includes the width.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    XD .45 Compact...hands down!!!

Forget them both and get a GLOCK. Just kiddin.
    IMO I would prefer the XD.

XD ... enough said.
    Springfield Armory 1911-A1 TRP SS
    Glock 17
    Glock 32 ( w/ 23 barrel )
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9

A vote for the Taurus. They make a nice 1911, especially for the price.
    The hand of the aggressor is stayed by strength and strength alone!--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Between the two I would go with the XD, I love the 1911 but I don't like Taurus. If you want a 1911 save up and get a Colt, Springfield armory, or Kimber.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

I carry a Taurus 1911 as my EDC and love it. With that being said I also owned a XD in 40 and loved it either one is a great pick in my opinion. The XD does have a better finish on it.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

I carry the Taurus 1911 and there's nothing better than knowing an all-steel 1911 is on my side to protect me if necessary. BTW I feed it Hornady 200gr. +P JHPs.

The 1911 Taurus has gotten good reviews especially for the price. there is even a torture test on youtube and the pistol has stood some good amount of abuse. The xd .45c is much more concealable though, reliable, and carries 10 rounds minimum in the mag. the grip size is about the same but the slide width offers the advantage to the 1911 w/c is slimmer. sorry, i don't have any pics. The .45 compact IHMO allows for a good shooting grip but allows for good concealability on a pistol approximately the size of a Glock 23. so, my vote is for the xd 45c. Now, if only springfield goes the way of the M&P and offer their line with the thumb safeties, I might have to add another xd to my collection. hope this helps.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Made the decision

Well, after 4 months of waiting; and due to the recent receivership, legal problems at Front Sight, I took the Taurus offer. I was a little disappointed at first, but they sent me the 1911AR So, I feel pretty good now.

Here's to new guns

100_0060.jpg

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Wink

XD compact is very well made gun for the money. I like it over Glock.
    Lightweight and high capacity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links