Defensive Carry banner

My new Mil-Surp pistol...

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  pirate 
#1 ·
Polish P-64 chambered in 9x18 Makarov. Built like a tank. Action cycles like butter. Beautiful tolerances and machine work. Internals are like new. Bore is perfect and feed ramp still has bluing on it. Holster wear but the metal is smooth and not dented or dinged. I'm going to hit it with 0000 steel wool and some Birchwood Casey Superblue cold bluing. Fits in PPK holsters. $149 at Centerfire Systems, Inc. - Your Home For Ammo, Firearms, Magazines, and Gun Accessories

See less See more
#3 ·
"The name is Bondski, James Bondski...':rolleyes:

Looks like a nice pistola...if it's dependable, it's a winner!

#4 ·
"The name is Bondski, James Bondski...':rolleyes:

Ha Ha Ha:haha:

Good one

#7 ·
Thanks, I already have visited there. Great resource! :bier:

I gave the P-64 a Mineral Spirits bath and re-lubed it and it really is as smooth as butter. The quality of the metal is really outstanding. Everything is in perfect order on the weapon. The action cycles so smoothly it just amazes me that this gun is 38 years old. :yup:

I haven't decided if I am going to leave the weathered finish alone or I'm going to cold-blue it.

#11 ·
As a big fan of pistols chambered for 9x18, including the P-64, while its a very solid, well made small handgun it comes in a 3rd behind the Makarov and CZ 82 in overall performance and handling IMO. I own several examples of all these guns and the P-64 is a bit heavy for its small size, and has limited mag capacity (6), and felt recoil is considerably more stout than with either the Mak or CZ82. Wolff Springs does make a replacement spring set thats helps some with recoil and the tough DA trigger pull. Its a must have for this pistol. The P64 is a very accurate small handgun maybe more so than the Makarov, so thats a plus. I do like the small Polish gun but not as much as the Classic Makarov or CZ82. Looks like you got a keeper from J&G. Give us a range report soon on this one.

#13 ·
Pirate,

I want to get my new P64 out to the range this weekend but am a little concerned about the Wolf ammo I bought along with it. Is it ok to use steel cased? There are Wolf warnings on the other board and I don't want to harm the gun by breaking an extractor or something that could have been avoided by using a more "premium" ammo brand in brass.

Thanks,
~Siafu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.