Good Deal on a Kel Tec PF9?

This is a discussion on Good Deal on a Kel Tec PF9? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everybody, tomorrow morning I'm planning on getting a PF9 for $300 NIB at my local GS for a BUG. This is the first one ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Deal on a Kel Tec PF9?

Good Deal on a Kel Tec PF9?

Hey everybody, tomorrow morning I'm planning on getting a PF9 for $300 NIB at my local GS for a BUG. This is the first one I have seen in quite awhile, and the first around here for under $360.

Can they be had cheaper elsewhere? I saw that on GunBroker it looks like the average is about $350. Thanks for any info!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

2. Remove Ads

Don't think you will find one cheaper than that. Better buy it quick before someone else does.

Might want to check at ktog.org for the serial number series to make sure it is a later model and not one of the earlier more problematic ones.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

As far as "jumping on it"
    That's what I was thinking. Last time I saw them in there around a month ago they sold one for $265. Today they got in a P-3AT and put a tag on it for $245. They had no reason for the major price discrepancy between the P3AT and the PF9. Other than it's what the manager put on it. Of course he wasn't there today to ask about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rolyat63 View Post
    Might want to check at ktog.org for the serial number series to make sure it is a later model and not one of the earlier more problematic ones.
    It's one of the newer ones, they just got it in from there supplier who gets it from Kel Tec.

Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    Hey everybody, tomorrow morning I'm planning on getting a PF9 for $300 NIB at my local GS for a BUG. This is the first one I have seen in quite awhile, and the first around here for under $360.

Can they be had cheaper elsewhere? I saw that on GunBroker it looks like the average is about $350. Thanks for any info!
    Not a bad price. Like mentioned earlier, make sure it is a new or newer gun. The earlier units did have some problems reported. And like someone else said, if you don't buy it, it will be gone tomorrow.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

They have them NIB for $289.00 at the store I shop at.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Mine was 279 or 289 when I bought it (can't remember). I would jump on it. I love mine and carry it a lot. Get a handall jr....it will help with the grip. Also, visit the KTOG as mentioned above....lots of info over there. Good luck

Thanks everybody, I'm definitely going to get it. Maybe I'll be able to talk them down a few bucks or have them throw in a pocket holster.

I got mine at a gun show last month for $299. I saw a couple others at the same show though that they wanted $350 for.

I bought one about a month ago had a lot of problems with it. It was the new model PF9. First it would not feed heavy bullets FMJ or HP's. Worked on feed ramp and it now was working ok with 115 ball. At first I couildn't even get a mag full thoguht the gun without it failing to feed. Now that it began to feed better it won't extract and causes double feeds. Called Kel Tec and they are sending me a new extractor, spring and screw see if that helps. I love the gun, it's size and caliber but if it doesn't work it's useless. I don't like the way the extractor is designed not enough spring tension at the front of the extractor and they fit loose. Needs a small spring inside with the outside spring. They are hit or miss, good luck. By the way my gun was $299.00.

By the way trigger slap is wicked, wear two bad aids around your trigger finger, trust me on that one.

Lol, I have heard stories. Definitely a gun that you shoot little, carry alot.

Wow...I had no idea those guns were so inexpensive.

The price is fair. I bought one at the end of last year, but sold it and put the money toward my Glock 19.

The PF9 was a little too uncomfortable for me to shoot and I like to practice. I also think I shoot the larger gun better because of how it fits my hand.

Sometimes I wish I had the PF9 for everyday carry. When I bought the Kel Tec, my only other gun was a revolver with a 6 inch barrel--great to shoot, not good to carry. If I already had the Glock, then got the PF9, I think I would have hung on to it for summer carry.

By the way, my PF9 was pretty good mechanically, but nothing like the Glock which has really been "perfect" so far.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links