Ruger P94 opinions

This is a discussion on Ruger P94 opinions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any experience with the Ruger P94? I seen one today at a new gun shop that just opened in my area. I like ...

Thread: Ruger P94 opinions

Question Ruger P94 opinions

Anyone have any experience with the Ruger P94? I seen one today at a new gun shop that just opened in my area. I like Ruger and want to here about this gun so not a bunch of Ruger bashing. It felt very comfortable in my hands and feels well made. Tell me what you think of this gun.

Thanks
    rk
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I had two of them in .40 caliber. 1st one blued. Wanted a stainless one so sold the blued and bought the stainless. Great shooter. I just wanted more capacity and sold the stainless to get a S&W full size M&P in .40 caliber.

Never had any problems with the P94.
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    From those I know with the Ruger P series they like them. I looked at them at one time, but the "feel" wasn't there for me.

Aye, I can't speak on the P94 personally, but I formerly owned a P95 and thought it was a great little gun. Fairly accurate for fixed sights, fed every kind of ammo I put through it reliably, and was fairly easy to conceal.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Can't tell you about the P94..thats the .40 cal version right? But our P95DC (9mm) is still running strong and we bought that used at a pawn shop 11 years ago. Dad's P90 (.45) works great for him and the mags are the same that i use for my EDC p345 (.45). I can only assume that the p94 will have the same Reliabilty and longevity as the p series that we own. You'll always find someone who doesn't like a certain manufacturer and those that love them. My dad and I happen to be Ruger fans for life so if you find one, it fits your hand and feels comfortable I say go for it. They may be ugly and bulky but they'll get the job done and probably out last us all

I don't have a P-94 but I do have the P-95DC and it is a good gun. The P series guns are bigger and clunkier than they need to be but they are tough and reliable. Good guns. I can even conceal mine. Buy with confidence. Ruger will back you if you have any problems, which I'm sure you won't.

Ive had my Ruger P94 9mm for a year and love it. It is a little heavy but feels real good with the Hogue grips. Built very solid and can take anything you can dish out

I have a P94 .40 that I bought new in 1999 and I still love it. It also has the Hogue grips which are very nice. It's a bit bulky for me to conceal, but that's no big deal. If you like it I see no reason not to go for it.

I love my p94 40 cal i have the all stainless version it shoots great and never jams just to big to conceal im buying a glock 23 to conceal.

Administrator
    The Ruger "P" series is a good value. They lack some refinement that the top shelf pistols have, but they are a solid pistol.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I just bought a P-95 and love it. It ain't fancy but the price was right and it's accurate. It holds 15 + 1 and it barely kicks. It's my 2nd Ruger and I have been nothing but satisfied with both. I don't have the expertise of most of the guys on this forum but I know when something works good.
    Ruger MK III, Taurus Judge, Ruger P95, Rossi 357 Snubbie, NRA

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    I also have a P95 9 mm (well I used to till my wife stole it....lol) We love it. I have not had one FTF in several thousand rounds!

Also shoots well in a sand storm!!
    [One Nation Under God]

The P series from ruger is great you really cant go wrong.

love my p95 too, I love that rocking mag release in them.
    NO 3rd party disputes

The power of imagination is the key to life.

It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The Ruger "P" series is a good value. They lack some refinement that the top shelf pistols have, but they are a solid pistol.
    "Built Like A Tank", as most Rugers are. Everyone should have at least one Ruger.
    Have had 2 Mini-14's. Wish I still had one.
    I have a P94 in 40S&W. They came in both 9mm and 40.
    I bought the Hogue finger groove grips for it and it fits me great! The heft helps with recoil. I actually carry this bugger on occasion. It's not bad for me.

On Ruger's site they're all listed as P944 now. I have only seen a slide marked as such in pictures. The 9mm appears to have been dropped in the P94 line-up.

If I could save enough pennies I would also be picking up a SP-101.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Links