For those who Carry Glock-26

This is a discussion on For those who Carry Glock-26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently own a khar tp9 (9mm) and a Sig-P245 (45ACP). My Sig P245 just sits in the drawer now. I find it too big ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those who Carry Glock-26

For those who Carry Glock-26

I currently own a khar tp9 (9mm) and a Sig-P245 (45ACP).

My Sig P245 just sits in the drawer now. I find it too big to conceal.
    My wife is thinking about getting her CCW, the Khar TP9 is actually hers and I know he wants it back.

So I am looking to do two things.

One, get a pistol I can carry that will easily conceal.

Two, I am looking to consolidate and just having to buy one type of ammo (9MM).

So for all you Glockers out there. What is your opinion on the G-26 ? Is this a good pistol to conceal. I currently carry IWB with my wife's Kahr.
    It is so easy to conceal wearing shorts and tee-shirt.

Thanks Guys
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

2. Remove Ads

It will be easy to conceal, but for the comfort you are used to why not buy... ANOTHER KAHR!! The grip lengths are comparable, but the thickness difference is huge, IMO. I think you'll find the G26 feeling like a box of crayons after fondling the Kahr for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    It will be easy to conceal, but for the comfort you are used to why not buy... ANOTHER KAHR!!
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a bit more for the Kahr, but not much. I carry a P239, but I'm seriously contemplating a PM40 or an MK40. Love my Sig, but I think the Kahr might conceal a bit easier with cargo shorts and a T-shirt.

My wife's EDC, as well as my EDC, is the Glock 26. We have two, and they fill our needs very well.

Now, since you have one Kahr, I would consider another - same model - then you have absolute conformity across your weapon platform. Interchangeable ammo, parts, and you both will be familiar with the others EDC. Buy a set or two of spare parts and you're good to go. Plus, you're already using the Kahr as your EDC. What's not to like?

I too carry a Sig P239most of the time, but also own a G26. IMO the G26 is slightly more concealable, plus you get the added rounds.

I also know that the G26 is 10 ounces lighter which will make a difference when you are carrying all day.

Bottom line...I do love my G26 and think you can't go wrong with that choice. Great shooter and you can carry a G19 spare magazine which will give you the added comfort of having a 15 round magazine handy should you need it.
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

My EDC is a G26. This gun is very concealable. I wear it in a IWB & OWB. I don't regret making my G26 my primary EDC handgun.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    No problem concealing the Glock 26. I pocket carry mine in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. But IWB will work just fine.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    My EDC is a G27, same size .40 cal. is very easy to conceal. It is light weight and very, very accurate.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Get a Walther PPS.

Certainly a Glock-26 will work, but if you want to use up some of that .45 ammo, step up to the Glock-36...just pick one up, I dare you!

Stay armed...use a .45...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    The G26 may or may not be more concealable that a P245! It depends on where you wear it, and at what angle. On the hip, on my body, at a canted angle, a G27 was found to be no easier to conceal than a full-sized G22, and MORE DIFFICULT to conceal than a full-sized 1911 pistol. Why? All Glocks have blocky slides, and the striker mechansim necessitates that the slide extend farther to the rear. The outside upper rear corner of a Glock slide causes the all-too-familiar "print" that tells the world there is a Glock under that garment.

All else being equal, a hammer-fired pistol will be easier to conceal, due to less rearward protrusion of the slide. (Obviously, a large hammer spur can lessen or negate that advantage.)

All else being equal, a narrower pistol will be easier to conceal. Glocks are wide and blocky!

Of course, a G26 is more likely to work inside a pocket than a P245, but a snubby revolver beats them both. Yes, I tried a G27 inside a pocket, and its competitor, the "heavy" SP101, won the pocket carry contest. The SP101 also won the ankle carry contest, and the hip holster contest. I sold the G27 to a co-worker, and just carried the full-sized G22 when I felt like concealing a brick. (The G22 was my duty pistol at the time.) Usually, at the time, I just toted two SP101 snubbies.

If you like the Kahr, I recommend getting another Kahr! Narrower, less blocky; what's not to like?

There was no actual overlap in my ownership of the G27 and my first SIG P229, but my perception is that a P229 is quite a bit easier to conceal than the G27 was, in a holster worn OWB in my usual spot just behind the point of the hip. (The G26 and G27 have identical external dimensions.) My P229 is chunkier than your P245.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I have a G27. All I can do is tell you what you keep hearing here. Buy the Glock and Live happily ever after.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Get the G26 and don't look back. At least the Glock doesn't require a minimum of 200 rounds for a "break in" like the Khar. The G26 will digest any ammo that you throw at it right out of the box.

LOVE IT! Easy to conceal, nice trigger pull and shoots great! Mine is 1998 because here in crappy MA its not legal to but new 26's. Did I say MA sucks? Oh ya.

Also lots of holster options out there too. I have a S&W 99 that's just about the same size but its hard to find holsters for it!

Good luck!
    NRA Member GOAL Member
    Glock 26
    Glock 27
    Sig Sauer 226
    Beretta 21 .25
    S&W1911

I second the PPS. Much thinner than the Glock. Easily conceals under a tee shirt and a little less $ than the Kahr. I love the Glock but when the weather dictates minimal clothing out the door I go with the PPS.
    Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links