para warthog .45

This is a discussion on para warthog .45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any info on this pistol? I like the small size and the 10+1 cap and weight doesn't seem to bad I have an Amt 40 ...

Thread: para warthog .45

para warthog .45

Any info on this pistol? I like the small size and the 10+1 cap and weight doesn't seem to bad I have an Amt 40 back-up that I dont have a good holster any body know of one looking for something as a fobus or something close? I am looking for another carry gun as my kel-tec has me worried !

2. Remove Ads

My dad bought one awhile ago. I've shot the gun and havn't had a problem. My dad on the other hand will have a FTF once or twice while emptying a mag. I believe he "limp wrists" the gun. Para suggest a 300 round break-in period. Nice gun IMO.

M&P9c
    SW99 40cal.
    SuperTuck

After owning 2 out of the box defective Para's and having to deal with their lack of customer service, I would stay as far from a Para as I could...Look at M1911.org in the Para section and see the problems that they are having...if I had seen that I sure wouldn't have plunked down the $1000 bucks. I lost alot of money on that ordeal... just trying to help....the knot that you get in your stomach after you talk to their customer service dept isn't nice,,,Robbie

I had a Para NiteHawg and never had any problems with it other than weak magazine springs (replaced with Wolff springs). I was confident enough in it that I sold it to my sister-in-law for her use.

IMO, the small Paras fall into the same category as a lot of the small framed carry guns in that they are designed to be effective, reliable, lightweight carry weapons but they are not designed to be range guns. If you want a gun you can fire thousands of rounds per year out of, get a good, solid range gun designed for that abuse. If you want a lightweight carry gun, then I can't say anything bad about the Para Hawgs as mine was flawless for the roughly 1000 rounds I fired out of it in the 2 years I owned it, though I have heard of others having problems.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Exclamation My 2 cents...

+1 on Para Ordnance firearms...

It's the weapon I trust my life to...everyday!

P12-45

SHOOTER13
    ================
    DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower

some like them, some don't. they are good guns when you break them in.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I couldn't get any of mine to shoot long enough to break em in....a laundry list of problems. You know I didn't have to break in my Glock, XD or PPS...they all shot out of the box. I don't subscribe to the school that you have to put 500 rds thru a gun to make it work right Para has some serious issues that they need to take hold of...it made me sick to fork out $1000 for a handgun that wouldn't work...then have to deal with some of the worst customer service I have ever dealt with... I am not some greenhorn...I have bought over 12 handguns since 1-01-09... I bought a NAA 32 ACP that had troubles out of the box....but the difference is when I sent it in NAA bent over backwards to make it right...they really cared about keeping me as customer. I bought another NAA Saturday....customer service means alot. I really tried to make the Paras work...I could've shot 10k rds thru them and it wouldn't have made a difference...the more I shot them the worse they got...

I love the concept. I question the quality though. I came really close to buying one not too long ago but went H&K instead due to the reputation
    2A is not negotiable

Links