Got my SIG today! Well, sort-of...

This is a discussion on Got my SIG today! Well, sort-of... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since technically they're still 2-3 weeks out on the freaking paperwork pile-up, all I could do was visit with my new baby, but not take ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my SIG today! Well, sort-of...

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar

Got my SIG today! Well, sort-of...

Since technically they're still 2-3 weeks out on the freaking paperwork pile-up, all I could do was visit with my new baby, but not take custody. It's heartbreaking, really

BUT -- I got to break in my new P239 today! I put about 50-60 rounds of your basic target 9mm ammo through it, and it was glorious! I learned how to disassemble, and reassemble it. Mostly because when we opened the new case, the poor thing looked and felt like it had been drowned in oil or something. A good wipedown, inside and out, and we were good to go. I bought some SD ammo too, just to have on hand for when I'll actually be carrying. I got some Hollow-point +P rounds, and shot about 10 of those through it, too. It did beautifully!

Thanks to all who answered my Sig questions! I wish I had a close-up photo, but I don't yet. However, I can tell you it's a DAK with the Sig-Lite night sights, and an absolutely fantastic piece of machinery!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Awesome! Congratulations!

The wait is hard, so go visit once in awhile.

Just a little bit longer.....
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I've got a Sig on the way as well. It's a P6 trade in. I need to stop reading these posts, it keeps giving me the fever.
    Your Sig will be in your hands for keeps before you know it. the 239 is a great pistol.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Sounds like a great day...and what will be your EDC?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats!

Do you happen to know the origins of the ready position you're using on the bottom picture? I've been practicing with it and it works pretty well - just push out with both hands and you're on target really. Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sounds like a great day...and what will be your EDC?
    Well, it depends. Supposedly 2-3 weeks till the actual purchase permit comes in, so I can legally carry in my home and that's all. I have the appointment to turn in my packet to APPLY for my CCWL on June 23, then it's 90-110 wait to get the actual permit back from there.

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by United93 View Post
    Congrats!

Do you happen to know the origins of the ready position you're using on the bottom picture? I've been practicing with it and it works pretty well - just push out with both hands and you're on target really. Thanks for any help!
    Um, I forgot...they told me what it's called, but I was on information overload again, as this is only the 3rd time I've been out and shot a handgun. I know it's the position when you're facing a threat and trying to talk him down, and then if SHTF, you can shoot from right against your chest, or extend, depending on time and distance. We practiced with a similar drill for almost 4 hours today. But this was at the end as we were packing up, and my attention span had runneth over at that point

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Since technically they're still 2-3 weeks out on the freaking paperwork pile-up, all I could do was visit with my new baby, but not take custody. It's heartbreaking, really
    Time to move to America.

BUT -- I got to break in my new P239 today! I put about 50-60 rounds of your basic target 9mm ammo through it, and it was glorious! I learned how to disassemble, and reassemble it. Mostly because when we opened the new case, the poor thing looked and felt like it had been drowned in oil or something. A good wipedown, inside and out, and we were good to go. I bought some SD ammo too, just to have on hand for when I'll actually be carrying. I got some Hollow-point +P rounds, and shot about 10 of those through it, too. It did beautifully!

Thanks to all who answered my Sig questions! I wish I had a close-up photo, but I don't yet. However, I can tell you it's a DAK with the Sig-Lite night sights, and an absolutely fantastic piece of machinery!
    Sig makes a fine handgun. Congrats!

And I was being sarcastic about moving to America. We all know there are places much worse for respecting our gun rights.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

congrats, sounds like a great day. Rain here, and have to go move a sofa bed for my mom shortly, gonna get wet.
    NRA Life Member.
    H&K USP Compact .40
    Among others.

Cute girl with a cool gun, great combination. Psst its called "SUL" I think!

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I got to break in my new P239 today! I put about 50-60 rounds of your basic target 9mm ammo through it, and it was glorious! I learned how to disassemble, and reassemble it. Mostly because when we opened the new case, the poor thing looked and felt like it had been drowned in oil or something. A good wipedown, inside and out, and we were good to go. I bought some SD ammo too, just to have on hand for when I'll actually be carrying. I got some Hollow-point +P rounds, and shot about 10 of those through it, too. It did beautifully!
    I'm sure your 239 will be a "loyal companion" for a long time, I know mine has always been great and reliable! But, I've warned others..... SIGs are like potato chips, you can't have just one!

Another T-shirt, another Super Hero...... What can I say!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    Could just be me Bunny but I think you look quite pleased with that 239!

Congratulations! on your new SIG, you didn't mention what it was though.

I understand the disappointment with waiting. I have a new P-220R SAO that I have yet to find time or decent weather to go shoot. Maybe tomorrow?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Hey Bunny, at least you have visitation rights with your baby. Could be like NY, IL or CA where you can't even be in the same room with them until cleared by the powers to be.

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Another T-shirt, another Super Hero...... What can I say!
    Shadowhare?

Cincinnati Superhero Patrols Streets Fighting Crime - Cincinnati News Story - WLWT Cincinnati
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Congratulations!

You picked a very fine gun and an accurate shooter as well. The P239 is my EDC
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Could just be me Bunny but I think you look quite pleased with that 239!

Congratulations! on your new SIG, you didn't mention what it was though.
    Did it show? I have to work on my poker face, I guess.

It's a P239 9mm. And I think I'm in love!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links