S&W Sigma?

S&W Sigma?

This is a discussion on S&W Sigma? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just looking for some oppinions on the Sigma series of pistols from owners or shooters. thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W Sigma?

S&W Sigma?

Just looking for some oppinions on the Sigma series of pistols from owners or shooters.
    thanks
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Good pistol for the money, know a few guys at the range that run them hard with no issues.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

I use it as my carry gun and have never had a single problem with it. It feels great in my hand (much better than my Glock 23, which I can't shoot anyway...different topic), and I can shoot it straighter and feel more confident with it than any other weapon.

What it comes down to is that I trust it to defend myself and my familes lives with.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Look at the slide of a glock and that of a SW sigma - do the same for the trigger mechanism.

SW got sued by Glock, I'll put it like that.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

I think there great. My father has one and he loves it. I always take it out shooting when I am visiting. Very reliable to as far as I can tell.
    S&W M&P 340--HK P2000 V2 40SW--HK P2000SK V2 40SW--Beretta 92 INOX Vertec--SIG P220 45ACP

Phil 1:6

Its my new carry piece. Blows a Glock away JMO. Mine is a .40.

Great weapons. Shame is that they will soon be discontinued. Again, JMO.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I truly believe that if they had a better trigger you wouldn't be able to find one anywhere. But they screwed up and now the "stigma of the sigma" will never go away. Which is a shame, if you don't mind the trigger it's a fantastic gun at a great price.

FYI for anybody not familiar with this weapon, the trigger is heavy and grainy at first. You can send it back to S&W and they will lighten and smooth it free of charge w/free shipping. (Most, including me ask why didn't they just do that to begin with?)

Junk

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    Junk
    Really?

I love these kinds of reviews. A one word synopsis just does so much to enlighten us all.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    Junk

Wow, with that detailed analysis I'm definitely going to stop carrying my weapon that feels great in my hand, shoots accurately, and will go bang everytime. LOL

Thanks for the thread - interesting.

I have been shooting mine for 3 years without one problem. I trust it. I carry it. I practice with it. The trigger does get better.

The Sigma 40ve was my first handgun purchase. It's a wonderful handgun. I liked it so much I started lusting after one in 9mm. Finally found a used one at Gander Mountain for $319. As said by a previous poster the internals are virtually identical to Glock with very slight differences in a dimension here or there. Yeah, Smith ripped off the Glock. It's not the first time Smith has copied another manufacturer's design. The Sigma has a better grip, is less expensive and the trigger can be a bear until it breaks in. Otherwise it's a Glock, er sorry, Smith. Very reliable. Feeds anything. The earlier F models had some problems. Should probably avoid those.

Some people criticize the gun's looks but mine are like beautiful hammers that just don't break and always work. Can't imagine ever selling one.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

I've got the little Sigma 380 and although it is a really "basic" pistol, it always goes bang and was cheap cheap cheap. Certainly not my first, second, third............ choice but still good to have in the mix. It is handy when I want a very small, light, reliable pistol to carry that I don't care about getting damaged. Like at the beach when all the salt and sand would keep my Kimber at home. It even has some usable stopping potential with a load of Corbons or Glaser Blue Safety rounds. Junk, not really but what would you expect for the price?
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

I have the original Sigma SW9F and think it's a great gun. I've used it in competitions and it has never let me down. While my Kimber Ultra Carry is my primary carry weapon the Sigma is my secondary.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links