Kahr pm9 with crimson trace & agrip

This is a discussion on Kahr pm9 with crimson trace & agrip within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone used a PM9 in conjunction with an Agrip and Crimson Trace laser? I'm wondering if the Agrip will cause any problems when mounting ...

Thread: Kahr pm9 with crimson trace & agrip

Kahr pm9 with crimson trace & agrip

Has anyone used a PM9 in conjunction with an Agrip and Crimson Trace laser? I'm wondering if the Agrip will cause any problems when mounting the Crimson Trace to the gun. I'd prefer to simply mount the laser on top of the Agrip.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gseely View Post
    Has anyone used a PM9 in conjunction with an Agrip and Crimson Trace laser? I'm wondering if the Agrip will cause any problems when mounting the Crimson Trace to the gun. I'd prefer to simply mount the laser on top of the Agrip.
    I am sure you would have to trim the Agrip material in the area where the CT laserguard activator botton is located at the trigger guard/grip frame intersection. The thickness of the material would likely prevent proper installation if not trimmed at this area. The Laserguard fits tightly and looks great on the PM9 and IMO is a great compliment to this weapon. It gives you another advantage in a fight.

I personally don't think this grip material is well suit to a small CCW pocket gun. A combat/service weapon sure but for a small carry gun you likely will carry a lot and not shoot all that much, I don't really see the need or real advantage. The material may also hang up when you draw the weapon if you pocket carry. If you have to pesent and fire this gun at a threat, you will not have any problem gripping this handgun. Hey, but some on this forum think the laser is a worthless gimmic.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Did the Crimson Trace for the PM9 actually come out? It's been "just about here" for several months now.

I added a Hogue Handall Jr. to my PM9, which I love. I think I may have to do some cutting into it however, if I decide to add the CT's.
    Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.

-Gordon B. Hinckley-

Yes, they're out. I found the best prices at shooters-resource.com, and their service is great.

I really like the Crimson Trace on the PM9. Despite appearances, it doesn't make any noticeable difference to the feel of the grip (to me, at least). I had a Hogue Jr. grip on my gun too, but messed it up when I cut it to accommodate the CT. I cut a notch to go around the activation button, and the corners a the top of the notch flop around and bother me.

That said, rather than cutting a notch, I cut a larger piece of material out at an angle to accommodate the same laser on my LCP, and it seemed to work okay. That'll probably work on the PM9 too, but I thought I'd give the Agrip a try.

Links