Should I buy a Sig 225 to carry? Or something else?

This is a discussion on Should I buy a Sig 225 to carry? Or something else? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to this forum, from the little time I have looked at it so far I have already found some helpful info. Anyways ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy a Sig 225 to carry? Or something else?

I am new to this forum, from the little time I have looked at it so far I have already found some helpful info.

Anyways I have a S&W sigma 40cal, I love the gun and the feel of it, but it is too big and bulky to conceal in the summer time. I have the oppurtunity to get a good deal on a Sig P225.

So I was wondering, what has everyones experience been like, is there any reasons to avoid it, or am I even going to like the sig, if not can anyone else recommend another small semi auto 9mm?

Thanks for the help,
    Joe

Not my first or second choice, but if you like the feel of that Sig, you can't go wrong with any sig...OMO...I just like Kimbers and Glocks.

Stay armed...with your choice...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome to DC. I'm pretty partial to Glocks myself, but my dad has a Sig and he loves it. I guess it depends on how good the deal is.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I just picked up a Sig P6. Same as a 225. I haven't shot it alot yet but it fits my hand and is a sweet shooter. If the price is right you can't go wrong.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

First, let me say welcome to the forum. I'm sure everyone here is glad to hear you say you've gotten some good info while lurking. I did too.

I don't have one now but used to own a couple SIGs. Just for GP, if you can get a good deal on one, snatch it up.

As far as what to carry, that's a little more complicated. There are a bunch of factors to consider, from 1) reliability 2) how well you shoot it 3) concealability 4) personal ergonomics to others. You can find alot of good advice here about just about any gun. When you consider those and any/all other factors, the only one who can decide what you should carry is you.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum from Virginia. If the 225 feels good to you go for it, hard to beat a SIG.

Michael Bane of Downrange Tv did at least at one time carry a p225 for a SD weapon. It is a nice thin 9mm....and a Sig. I think you should get it if you want it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Moderator
    Only one disadvantage to owning a Sig....one is not enough.

I have a 225 and I love it.
    Carry it alot too.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

A Kel-Tec PF-9 will give you just as much bang for fewer dollars in a smaller package. That said, I own a P225 and not a PF-9. The Sig is just a much nicer gun. However I don't carry it - have an LCP for that...

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I just bought a P239, and everyone's right. I love it, and I'm definitely thinking of adding to the family :) (They ARE like potato chips! One's not enough!)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Administrator
    A 225 is a good gun. It carries well, and is about the perfect size for CCW. The only downside is finding magazines. Spare parts are easy, but mags canbe a challenge at times.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Alternative suggestions

For a concealed carry 9mm, the Sig P225 is fairly large, weighing almost 30 ounces empty and holding 8+1 rounds. I believe the Sig P239 is somewhat slimmer and easier to conceal, weighing 27.5 ounces in 9mm and giving the same capacity. The steel Kahrs in 9mm are even smaller and very easy to conceal.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

My Sig P6/225 was my fist carry gun. It is currently 2nd in my rotation, behind my P220. I still carry it one or two days a week. It was my first hand gun and it was a great price.

Word of warning, Sigs are addicting! I had no intention of buying a second gun when I made this purchase, But I now own five sigs.

If you have a nice P225 available for a good price, snatch it up!!! I'm biased however, all of my concealed carry weapons are Sigs. I own a P6, which for all intents and purposes is a P225...ergonomically, I haven't found a pistol that fits the hand better and is truly a naturally pointing weapon.

If you get it, and find by some odd chance you don't like it, you will easily sell it. Right now the only drawback to the P225 is availability of magazines.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Thank you for the help everyone, I decided to buy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links