Anyone carry a Glock 29?

Anyone carry a Glock 29?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a Glock 29? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about getting a Glock 29 (10mm) to carry. I currently own a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm, but do not carry it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone carry a Glock 29?

I am thinking about getting a Glock 29 (10mm) to carry. I currently own a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm, but do not carry it due to it being a full size gun.

I only have used this gun to hunt hogs and will most likely get rid of it to fund the purchase of the Glock.

Any input on current or past owners of the 29 would be appreciated.
    02PSD4ME

Just speaking for myself, not having owned either a Delta Elite, or a G29, I would have a hard time selling off a functional delta elite. I have considered getting a Dan Wesson CBOB in 10mm and having a G29 as a backup / smaller CCW gun, and I like the idea because I can use the same ammo in both. FWIW, the Delta Elite is much more of a historic piece than the Glock ever will be.

My neighbor has a Delta Elite in 10mm and absolutely loves it. I would keep the Delta and put the Glock on lawaway for another day!!! But im not a huge glock fan at it is, so...
    You can't go through life being afraid!!

Sig 229 .40, Taurus 605 .357, Keltec P32

Well, I am a huge glock fan.....and I would hold onto the Colt.

I just bought a 29, originally bought it from one merchant online.....2 weeks later they still had not shipped the gun. Called today and cancelled and have ordered if from Buds.

Got some Double Tap Ammo in the mail last week, and my JS Holsters IWB Kydex just came in today. Just ordered some Mepro's today. Hopefully the gun should be here the middle of next week.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Well, I am a huge glock fan.....and I would hold onto the Colt.
    Me too! I have a 30 but my F.I.L has a 29. It's a great pistol for packin.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I carry my Glock 29 and really like the whole 10mm cult. In fact, I finally put a G20 with the new SF frame on layaway and ordered the factory 6-inch barrel. Please try to keep the Colt and get the 29 too. jh (aka mr. 10mm) lol!

The Glock pistols are a dime a dozen. The Colt Delta elite is a gem that has enormous collector value and will only increase in value the longer you keep it. Do not part with it for a Glock. If you do decide to do so make sure the lucky ffl gunstore you do the trade in at gives you a couple of hundred rounds and a good quality holster for the G29 along with your trade. If the dealer only offers you the regular 2/3trade in value on the Colt laugh at him and walk out the store.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Davidson's Catalog Item Detail im trying to cut and paste this Delt Elite just so you get an idea of what they cost and this is a low price.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by jhh3rd View Post
    I carry my Glock 29 and really like the whole 10mm cult. In fact, I finally put a G20 with the new SF frame on layaway and ordered the factory 6-inch barrel. Please try to keep the Colt and get the 29 too. jh (aka mr. 10mm) lol!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

i really think if you get the g20 and put the 6 inch hunter barrel in it, you should but the 4 1/2 inch barrel from the g20 in your g29. i have open bottom holsters and they still fit. and i would not part with the colt.

I have a G29 that's my main concealed carry weapon. No problems with concealment with an IWB holster. It's fun to shoot and (for me) very accurate. I agree with the suggestion of Double Tap ammo for SD.

I would also agree that you might want to consider keeping the Delta Elite and coming up with another way to fund the Glock
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Thanks for all the replys..

I was just thinking about getting rid of the Colt because I have not used it in a while (Dec) and the only time I do is to hunt Hogs, maybe once a year. Got a nice one right after Christmas, right behind the ear, dropped right down.

I do like the gun purchased it new in 1988 and it is a HOOT to shoot, just do not want to carry it.

Sounds like I should just keep it... and buy the 29.
    02PSD4ME

Yeah keep the Colt and safe queen it if nothing else.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have plenty of carry options in different calibers but always End up carrying my G29 I can't seem to leave it home when I can strap it to my hip

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I carried a G29 for a while, but finally admitted to myself it was just too big for my medium/short fingers. Now that the G29sf is available, I might look into trying one, though I am in an austerity period, trying to accomplish financial goals unrelated to firearms, so it will be a while.

As others have already mentioned, a Delta Elite is a treasure. I would not want to part with one!

I had a Delta, got rid of it long time ago. Came across another Delta and bought it, still have that one though. I also have a G29 10MM along with a 357 Sig conversion barrel.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links