Keltec P11 vs PF9

Keltec P11 vs PF9

This is a discussion on Keltec P11 vs PF9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a P11 and heard rumor of a PF9 for sale...it got me thinking. I am happy with the P11, but it curious if ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keltec P11 vs PF9

Keltec P11 vs PF9

I carry a P11 and heard rumor of a PF9 for sale...it got me thinking. I am happy with the P11, but it curious if anyone with more hands on with these weapons could give me some pros and cons. Thanks guys!

Also...what does this mean? "Firing mechanism is double action only with an automatic hammer block safety" Obviously I know they don't have a traditional safety, but how does the double action work?
    Last edited by evander; May 13th, 2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: addition

I tried both and bought the P11 because it filled my hand better, seemed as though it would be easier to shoot well and has a 10-round mag. That said, the PF9 has a better trigger pull and is slightly lighter and easier to conceal. I've been happy with the 11 but could have lived with the 9. I think you'd be happy with either; it depends on how each feels to you.

I like the PF-9...personally JMHO
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have both and the trigger pull of the PF9 is eaiser than the P11. The size of the two are the same except for the thickness, the PF9 is slimmer because of its single stack mag.

I have both and both are DAO guns with hammer block safety (means it won't fire if dropped - bar of steel blocks the hammer getting to the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled).

The P11 is a great carry gun for 12+1 rounds, harder trigger and can take S&W 59xx and 69xx series mags.
    The PF9 is a thinner and better trigger but 7+1 rounds and only takes their propriety mags. Can work in pocket, OWB or IWB very well.

I use and carry both so choose the one that fits your hands better.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Im all about the P11. My wife is even more into the P11. I bought her a revolver and she said thanks but no thanks. She wanted to just keep her P11 and told me to go buy her some perfume.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

cj
    If you can carry the P11 and are comfortable with it, I'd say stick with it. I got a PF9 mostly because it was just thinner, lighter, and easier to carry (for me) in many situations.

If I could have pulled off the P11 more comfortably, I'd have preferred the 12+1 and feel of the thicker grips.

Everyone already summed it up pretty good. Being a smaller guy, I like the PF-9. It's just easier to conceal. I also snagged it for $227 last month.

The p-11 is 10+1 not 12+1. I think its a difficult choice between the 2. I think the pf9 is nicer looking and maybe a little cleaner, but the p-11 has more rnds and is just as concealable. I think id take the latter.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

If the P11 weren't so much thicker I would have bought it instead of my PF9. As it is I'm VERY happy with my little skinny pocket pistol.
    Of course this was to be a pocket pistol and I haven't even considered any other way to carry this little beauty.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by thebigdl86 View Post
    The p-11 is 10+1 not 12+1. I think its a difficult choice between the 2. I think the pf9 is nicer looking and maybe a little cleaner, but the p-11 has more rnds and is just as concealable. I think id take the latter.
    12 rnd mags are available

Quote Originally Posted by thebigdl86 View Post
    Look again because Kel-tec has offered 12+1 flush fit mags for the last two years and they work.

Kel Tec
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

When I bought my '9' the shop had it and the '11'. I found the '9' felt a little better in my hands and would be slightly easier to conceal. I am pleased with it.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

I just picked up a P11, and I think it's a great pistol. The trigger is a bit long, but it does the job..
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links