Defensive Carry banner

My HK arrived!

4K views 33 replies 29 participants last post by  LSP972 
#1 ·
Well after a 2 month backorder it finnally came! I was able to get it direct from HK under their pilot pistol offer (I"m employed as a cargo pilot) for only $545 shipped! Its the DAO LEM version w/ night sights. Needless to say I'm excited to take it to the range! I think my next will probably be a Ruger single action blackhawk since I'm more into the outdoors, hunting, target shooting bit. I've had the bug for a USP for a while though and since this offer came along it finnally pushed me over the edge! :danceban:

See less See more
#4 ·
actually it came with 2 10 rd mags, and I was so anxious waiting while it was back-ordered that I picked up two 12 round mags, and visited wally worlds all over washington and idaho during my layovers (I fly single pilot cargo, no security issues and small personal quantities of ammo are ok) and ammassed about 400 rounds to get me started... :image035::rofl:

#7 ·
You will love the LEM trigger system I can almost guarantee it. Consistent each and every time. I am waiting for H&K to get some more LEM kits in from Germany and I am going to ship my USPc .45 off to have one installed. I have a USPc .40 LEM but it was my dad's so I won't carry it.

Be Safe

NosaM

#9 ·
Yeah I"m excited about it. I wasn't too sure at first, was thinking variant 1 would be nice to have a safety and de-cocker, or I would have wanted a grip safety but after putting some snap-caps into the gun lastnight and checking out the trigger I'm quite impressed. the short reset is really nice for follow up shots and even the double action pull is effortless :hand10: plus I won't have anything to snag pulling it out of the holster or anything else to think about. As they say the best safety is between your ears - and the first pull is a long one so make no mistake. I also *might* know of some flight deck officers that use this model as their duty gun and are very impressed. I'm looking forward to my first range session with it!

#10 ·
It took two months? I've been calling the rep at HK who runs the program, but she isn't very responsive. Glad you had a good experience with it. My paperwork is done, I just need to get a local dealer to send in a copy of the FFL so I can get my HK in the mail! Congrats

#18 ·
I'm not exactly sure yet, I'm thinking about saving for both a quality IWB and OWB setup. For IWB I"m thinking about a crossbreed supertuck or a galco IWB holster - and the Mitch Rosen 5JR looks like a nice OWB setup too... probably going to save my pennies for the next few weeks before I spring for something. I'll probably look to see what I can find locally and if I can try it on and see what looks best and most importantly - whats the most comfortable. I've been browsing this thread: " HK USP Compact, what holster do you use " Thoughts anyone?

edit: Yikes! Looking some of these up online and they can get spendy pretty quick! Anyhow the hunt continues... Right now I'm leaning towards a galco to get me started and as time and budget permit getting another high quality holster on down the line... we'll see.

#20 ·
That is one nice package. Heck, even the case is ultra-cool. I love my factory refurbished H&K P7. Still, it only came with one magazine and I have to send the slide away for night sights. Oh well, it's still a keeper. ~:image035:~
Regards,

#30 ·
Been carrying my USP now for over 7 years, and after some extreme conditions, and thousands of rounds the gun has been flawless, you will love yours!!!!

BTY Pancake strong side with spare mag pouch weak side, N a nice shoulder rig for the desert and other times....

Beware of after market mags, they need a boost with some Wolf springs, got my factory 12 round mags off gun broker and love them!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.