My Latest Purchase

My Latest Purchase

This is a discussion on My Latest Purchase within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did something I very rarely do, and made an impulse buy... Had no intentions of buying anything when I walked in the door, but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Latest Purchase

I did something I very rarely do, and made an impulse buy... Had no intentions of buying anything when I walked in the door, but lo and behold, I walked out with this... It's a Sig P220 in 9mm, with a heel mag release... It truly is LNIB, (used, though) - I'm going to estimate that it had about 250 rds max through it before I snagged it... It came w/ 3 mags, and 2 of them were still in the original baggies, w/ no insertion marks, etc...

These pics were taken after I put 250 rounds through it at the range (100 rds. WWB, 50 rds. Blazer Brass, 50 rds. Fiocchi 9AP, 50 rds mixed Gold Dot 124 +P and Win. Ranger 127 +P+), and gave it a fairly thorough cleaning...

I'm somewhat ignorant when it comes to Sigs, so if anyone has any info, it would be much appreciated... From what I've seen and read, the 9mm variant of the P220 is not that common, and the heel release leads me to believe that it was originally intended for some European agency, but never made it into use... (?)

Anyway, here's a few quick pics...

My only concern is that it might be a bit large for me to CC... But it is a darn fine shooter, and I'm quite happy w/ the purchase...

Sig experts, please chime in! Date code is AB, slide is not marked stainless (I believe it is a stamped slide variant, as it has the insert on the breech face)... Stamped "Made in Germany," not "W. Germany..."

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

Congrats on the new Sig!
    NRA Life Member.
    H&K USP Compact .40
    Among others.

Congrats on a sweet pistol!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Way to go on the new Sig! It is an impule buy you will never regret. I EDC a P220R .45acp, so wheather it is too large for CC is only dependant on what you are comfortable with. I have never shot the 9mm version, but there isn't a pistol out there I would even consider trading my P220 for. You will love it

NOTHING BEATS A SIG!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Grats! Sigs are awesome!
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    That's a new one on me... I've never seen a 220 in 9mm, and never seen the heel release, either... might be something of a rare bird...

I promise you this, though... you are gonna love that pistol...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

That is a classic built SIG and I am sure VERY accurate. The original Euro models are very well built and some are Sig Snobs and will only buy the old school euros. I have a P228 Euro built. Love it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I LOVE my P220, and as others said, I would never sell it, ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Life member

GOA member

VIP Member
    Nice pistola!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Very nice, I have a P226 and I love it...

VIP Member
    Good luck with it, it is not too large.

You have found yourself a rare gem. I have a buddy in MA who got one of these. To find out about it give SIG a call. They can tell you anything you want to know. My buddy does carry his and loves it.

Very nice. Congratulations.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    How much $$? Where did you buy it, a gun store, pawn shop or web? If it was the web, which vendor?

In 1975 the Swiss armed forces adopted the P220 as the Model 75 in 9mm Parabellum; Japan, Denmark and France subsequently followed suit. This pistol, chambered in either 9mm Parabellum, 7.65mm Parabellum (.30 Luger), .45 ACP or .38 Super, was first marketed in the U.S. by Browning under the name BDA (Browning Double-Action).

Perhaps yours is one of those.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
    Sun Tzu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links