Semi-Automatics with Both A Decocker And Manual Safety

This is a discussion on Semi-Automatics with Both A Decocker And Manual Safety within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't some sigs come that way? Can't remember. It's been a while since I've shot one....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Semi-Automatics with Both A Decocker And Manual Safety

Don't some sigs come that way? Can't remember. It's been a while since I've shot one.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Not stricker fired, and probably not what the OP was looking for, but the Sig Mosquito .22cal has both a De-cocker, and a seperate manual safety.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I have seen one of our IDPA shooters using a CZ that has a funky hammer that can be set for either DA or cocked and locked operation---the hammer gets manually pushed flush after charging the weapon, but the gun remains cocked. Anybody know what I am talking about? I believe some Beretta's also use that set up...

Ron, I am glad you asked the question, because I was recently wondering the same thing myself. My interest is in being able to have a SAO gun that also exhibits second-strike capability because of the DA mode.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTop View Post
    Ruger P series
    Not the P345 - it only has a decocker safety - it cannot be placed on safe with the hammer cocked.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Ron, I am glad you asked the question, because I was recently wondering the same thing myself. My interest is in being able to have a SAO gun that also exhibits second-strike capability because of the DA mode.
    Newer Taurus Millenium Pro's are SAO and have second-strike capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post
    As the OP is asking about striker-fired pistols, not hammer-fired pistols, I will let the striker-fire gurus chime in, and defer to ther expertise.
    I didn't actually intend to limit my question only to striker fired pistols. I am interested also in hammer fired pistols as well that have that decocker safety feature.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

This my South African RAP-401. It's a single stack DA/SA all steel 9mm and is a take off on and improved upon Astra A-75 design. It has a single lever decocker / manual safety. You can carry it cocked & locked, decocked only and decocked w/ safety on. Though it weighs about 32 oz empty, it is an excellent carry gun due its thinness and the only gun I own that I can stand to carry IWB. The internals are amazing with no machining marks whatsoever. I would say it's just slightly larger [maybe 5%] than a Kahr K9, but just as thin.

I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I have seen one of our IDPA shooters using a CZ that has a funky hammer that can be set for either DA or cocked and locked operation---the hammer gets manually pushed flush after charging the weapon, but the gun remains cocked. Anybody know what I am talking about? I believe some Beretta's also use that set up...

SFS system, commonly seen on hi powers and 1911's.

The CZ action allows for double action or single action only - be warned that the sfs hi powers and 1911's are cocked when the manual safety is removed, you do not get a 2nd strike capability.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

The Browning Pro-9 and Pro-40 can. Although made by FN, this is what initially set them apart from the FN ones being manufactured at the time. Of course the Browning ones are no longer made. I believe the current USG version of the FN pistols can be carried both ways but the other versions can't. The safety can still be actuated once it's been decocked on these versions though. This is my wife's bedside gun and it's really a great little pistol...of course cocked and locked:

A SAO gun that has a decocker -safety and second-strike capability that I know of is the Taurus 24/7.

I like the way the gun feels in my hand, but am a bit wary of Taurus reputation for lack of quality.

That is why I posted the thread to see what other similar guns are out there.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    CZ 75's and their clones have this setup, although they are hammer fired, not striker fired.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links