Purchased A Slightly Used...

This is a discussion on Purchased A Slightly Used... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bought a gently used Taurus Mellinium PT145 Pro today. What are your thoughts about this particular gun. Also, what is the difference in this one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchased A Slightly Used...

Purchased A Slightly Used...

Bought a gently used Taurus Mellinium PT145 Pro today. What are your thoughts about this particular gun. Also, what is the difference in this one and the 145SSP or are they the same firearm with an updated model number?

I'm looking at a small 9mm Kel-Tec (new) as a backup or quick carry. Any knowledge/experience of it?

One more, how concealable is the new Springfield .40 XD-M? I haven't personally seen one yet but I'm going to see if I can track one down tomorrow.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

2. Remove Ads

I have one, the SSP refers to the slide being stainless . I really like the gun, small, light,easy to conceal,10 + 1, very soft shooting .45 never had any problems at all and I shoot a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    I have one, the SSP refers to the slide being stainless .
    That's odd...this one has a SS slide but the model number dosn't indicate that??
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

I can speak for the Kel Tec PF9, their 9mm pocket pistol. It's super slim, super concealable, and will eat all ammo you throw at it. IMHO I can't think of a better pocket pistol for the price. You get reliability and it's 9mm.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

My little Kel-tec PF9 is a great carry gun. Works well for pocket, IWB and OWB so you can have it with you always.

Mine is very reliable and I would recommend the hard chrome or parkerized version because blued is very rust prone.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

The Kel-tec P11 works for me. Its only slightly larger than the PF9 and you get a few more rounds.

I rotate between it and the S&W .40 and the Rossi.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

VIP Member
    One more, how concealable is the new Springfield .40 XD-M? I haven't personally seen one yet but I'm going to see if I can track one down tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I have an XD .40 4", the XD-M is a little bit longer, half inch I think, I have no problems concealing mine with a IWB holster.

I carry a PT145 with a stainless slide. Light, loaded with winchester hollow points it only weighs a little over 40 oz. The grip is challenging to conceal but not impossible. I have a cheap nylon IWB holster that I use. The only complaint I have is my holster I havent found many shops with holsters for Taurus they are either out or just don't carry one. Find a good holster and you wont have any problems. The gun shoots great but I think the recoil could be better. The reason why I chose to carry a PT145 is because the instructor for my CWL told us that if we had to use our gun it will probably be taken for evidence and who knows what condition it might be in when you get it back, thats why I chose to carry a lesser gun.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

I had a PT145, I had some issues with it. They were fixed (after a few weeks) under Taurus' warranty. Pretty decent shooting gun, I don't think ill ever have another Taurus semi auto though.

Quote Originally Posted by sspargo View Post
    Bought a gently used Taurus Mellinium PT145 Pro today.
    You forgot to post pics!
    Attached Images
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Just as long as you didn't get the one with the pink frame. :)

I had a PT145 w/ stainless slide for a while. Never had a problem with the pistol. I purchased it to carry and ended up gravitating away from carry guns with a manual safety. It ended up sitting in the safe so I sold it to a friend & used the $ to buy my Glock 36.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

I have one, recoil (imho) is light, mine's a 3rd Gen, Sa/Da (essentially a Sa with "restrike" ability) trigger isn't bad and while I like Sa guns, I kinda wish I had found a Gen2 version
    (DA only) in this case.

I hated the straight 8 sights so changed them out for Williams Fire Sights (fiber-optic) but haven't gotten it out the range since doing the swap.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

I had the Taurus PT145, one of the first...years ago. I didn't like it and traded it off. In fairness, I didn't have any problems with it, it just wasn't for me.
    If you're looking at the KelTec P-11, many like it, but mine was traded because I didn't like the looooooooong trigger pull. Instead I went to Glock 9mm's.

Sorry to sound so negative, but we all have likes and dislikes.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I like my Kel-Tec PF-9, it's light weight and slim. It is not a range gun. Put enough rounds thru it to be comfortable with it then carry it with you. It has a long trigger pull and snappy recoil but not uncontrolable.
    We can't stop here...this is bat country.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Res Ipsa Loquitur

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links