M&Pc Vs 229

This is a discussion on M&Pc Vs 229 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have side by side pictures, or gun overlays, of a Sig 229 and an M&P compact pistol? I carry a 229 but am ...

Thread: M&Pc Vs 229

M&Pc Vs 229

Does anyone have side by side pictures, or gun overlays, of a Sig 229 and an M&P compact pistol? I carry a 229 but am really leaning towards 10oz weight savings of a M&Pc, both pistols would be in .40

The Smith points and feels about as good as the 229 for me. Never shot one but think I might have to give one a try.

Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

2. Remove Ads

I do not have a SIG229 but I do have a M&P9C and
    been well pleased with it .
    I say go for it.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

The 229 is a little bulky...but what a shooter. I have a P228 and love it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

G-26 is your answer.. :-) I was torn in between the M&P9c and the G26,.. But when one of the stores I get to often had both at the same time, it was a no brainer for me.. (just me 2 cents)... I'm sure the M&P is a great gun.. Just didn't feel as good for me..

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    G-26 is your answer.. :-) I was torn in between the M&P9c and the G26,.. But when one of the stores I get to often had both at the same time, it was a no brainer for me.. (just me 2 cents)... I'm sure the M&P is a great gun.. Just didn't feel as good for me..
    I have both the G26 and the M&P9C but I do like the Glock better.
    However the fit and finish on the blackened stainless slide on the M&P is very nice and its been 100% reliable.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

The grip angle on a Glock is not for me....points high. I have had no trouble concealing my 229 for 1.5 years, but would like a little shorter, thinner, and lighter gun. I'd get a 239, but it isn't any lighter than a 229 sad to say. My 229 is a tack driver, I shoot very well with it and it has been very reliable.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Links