Concealing Glock 19 and 26

This is a discussion on Concealing Glock 19 and 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I read a post that was about a year old on this forum where people were talking about concealing their G19 fairly easy. I have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Concealing Glock 19 and 26

Concealing Glock 19 and 26

I read a post that was about a year old on this forum where people were talking about concealing their G19 fairly easy. I have a new G19 and realized last night that I print pretty easily when carrying this thing. However, when I put my wife's G26 on me, it pretty much disappeared.

I love shooting the 19 and also really like the 26. I have been considering getting a 26 for daily carry and keeping the 19 for range time or when the weather starts to cool off again and coats are the norm.

Has anyone here taken this route? Did they end up thinking the G26 wasn't worth it in the long run and went back to carrying the G19?

I just don't want to dump $500+ on it and end up going back to the G19 and having the G26 collect dust... Oh, and also vice versa... haha!

Any opinions on this?

2. Remove Ads

First off, welcome to the forum or your first post....whichever came first.
    My EDC used to be my G27, and it was for several years. I came across a good deal on an IWB holster from a member here, and I tried it and liked it, and it worked well for me. After ten years or more of owning and depending on Glock pistols, I finally went for one of the compacts....a G19. Well, I'll tell you that it's only a matter of scooting that same holster forward on the belt a little for the G19 compared to the G27 for me. Now my G19 is EDC easily, and the G27 might do for deep concealment. I can easily conceal the G19 as well as my G27 or better, and I do this all the time. Everyone is different, but R&D is fun. If you can conceal the G26 like it almost disappears, I'm almost certain you'll discover how to do the G19 the same way without much ado.

I've been carrying a 19 (primarily) for several years now and have no problems, even under lighter clothing in the summer.

How are you carrying it? Your choice of holster, belt, and cover garment may be what's creating the problem.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Ya have to remember that everyone's body types are a little different,. I friend of mine that is sorta the same size carries differently then I do, I tryed to carry like he does and I printed bad,.. But I have my style that is un-noticeable, and he has his,..

It depends on your body type, but generally you should be able to conceal the compacts without too much difficulty unless you're super thin like I am. I can conceal my 26 easily enough, but a 19 or 23 is just that little bit too obvious even in an IWB. I personally feel that the 26 is good for me.

Of course, this is all moot if you go with a Smartcarry.
    Life is about choices. One who chooses to attack without cause has also chosen to accept whatever defensive measures his target has readied. If this includes violence and death, so be it.

G26--->Supertuck

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

A G-26 is very easy to conceal, although in fairness, I have a lot of extra body to hide things...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm about 5'9, 160 lbs. Average...

I think it may be where my holster is or quite possibly the holster/belt itself. The belt I have isn't very thick, but it is wide (1.5") and sturdy as it barely bends.

My holster is currently a Tagua OWB. It sits pretty high and very close to the body.

I just always feel as if I can't get the right spot for this one. It's either that grip on the gun is printing, or the back of the slide is. If I move it forward or back on my belt, it's either one or the other! :)

G26 wins here. The longer grip of the G19 combined with extra weight swinging around makes it a no-brainer for me. It's much more uncomfortable than the G26 when sitting, and it does print much more when you bend over a bit etc. The G26 by comparison just disappears and most of the time you'll forget you even have it. It can be carried IWB with a TUCKED polo shirt and it's invisible (and I'm pretty thin). Try that with a G19 and you'll immediately see the problem.

If you want more capacity, carry an extra mag in a pocket or mag pouch, whatever. That gives you 33% more ammo than the G19, a backup mag in case one fails, and is far easier to carry overall.

Don't forget you can always use a G19 mag in a G26 with an A&G mag sleeve. Works very well if you don't mind the size and weight of a G19.

Gun control is not the answer. Gun control is the question. The answer is NO.

I have a G23 I carry regularly. Im 5'7 and 157#. I used to carry OWB and printed badly. Then I tryed a Comptac c-tac IWB holster and problem solved. Now I have no problem concealing with normal size shirt. During the summer months I switch to a 637 Airweight simply because of the weight. The G23 is a little to heavy for loose shorts. But I dont believe a G sub-compact makes a big diffrence concealing. Ill keep my 23.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

give yourself options

My usual carry is the full size G21. If I am going to be around anti-2A relatives, I switch to a subcompact G27. I also have several holsters for both, so I can conceal under all clothing options.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    My usual carry is the full size G21. If I am going to be around anti-2A relatives, I switch to a subcompact G27. I also have several holsters for both, so I can conceal under all clothing options.
    When Im around my anti-2A relatives I open carry- on each hip.
    Glock2201 likes this.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by intargc View Post
    I read a post that was about a year old on this forum where people were talking about concealing their G19 fairly easy. I have a new G19 and realized last night that I print pretty easily when carrying this thing. However, when I put my wife's G26 on me, it pretty much disappeared.

I love shooting the 19 and also really like the 26. I have been considering getting a 26 for daily carry and keeping the 19 for range time or when the weather starts to cool off again and coats are the norm.

Has anyone here taken this route? Did they end up thinking the G26 wasn't worth it in the long run and went back to carrying the G19?

I just don't want to dump $500+ on it and end up going back to the G19 and having the G26 collect dust... Oh, and also vice versa... haha!

Any opinions on this?
    As others have said ,its all about your body type.
    I've owned two G19s in the past , now I carry a G26 for the same
    reason you were talking about. it disappears and the G19 will not.
    And no I'm not going back to the G19 , I'm happy.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

On smaller guys like me that are a bit thinner, that extra 1/2 inch on the grip makes big difference when in your shirt. It also says gun much more if it prints. If the G26 prints with the flat base plate mags it says "cell phone, pda?" The person seeing it doesn't think gun as quickly because of the grip shape.

I've carried my 26 at kids soccer games in shorts and t-shirt no problem. I even talked to a couple sheriff's deputies the other day and neither one of them said a thing and I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt with my g26 in and M-tac IWB holster. I can carry with confidence that it's not noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by RSViper View Post
    On smaller guys like me that are a bit thinner, that extra 1/2 inch on the grip makes big difference when in your shirt. It also says gun much more if it prints. If the G26 prints with the flat base plate mags it says "cell phone, pda?" The person seeing it doesn't think gun as quickly because of the grip shape.

I've carried my 26 at kids soccer games in shorts and t-shirt no problem. I even talked to a couple sheriff's deputies the other day and neither one of them said a thing and I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt with my g26 in and M-tac IWB holster. I can carry with confidence that it's not noticed.
    How do you like the MTAC? Is it relatively comfortable during summer wear? Can you put it on and take it off easily?

I've always been sort of weary of the larger IWB's cause I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe of pants... However, I guess they're no different than the Don Hume 715 and Galco Summer Comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by intargc View Post
    I'm about 5'9, 160 lbs. Average...

I think it may be where my holster is or quite possibly the holster/belt itself. The belt I have isn't very thick, but it is wide (1.5") and sturdy as it barely bends.

My holster is currently a Tagua OWB. It sits pretty high and very close to the body.

I just always feel as if I can't get the right spot for this one. It's either that grip on the gun is printing, or the back of the slide is. If I move it forward or back on my belt, it's either one or the other! :)

I'm 5'10", 170# which is about the same size as you. I can conceal my 19 and 23 fairly easy. I've used MTAC and Maxcon V, both IWB. I also can conceal them under a normal size T-shirt in the summer in my Fist OWB holster. Comfort is fine. But for extreme comfort my 27 gets the nod in a Milt Sparks VM II (IWB).
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links