Defensive Carry banner

Who carries 3 guns or more?

5K views 59 replies 52 participants last post by  ezenbrowntow 
#1 ·
Just curious. And how many, 3, or 4, you're insane if you carry more than 4. :twak: I only know one person and he carries 3.

#13 ·
I don't care how I rank. :smile:

For me it's about accessability. The one in the pocket, or on the hip can't be easily or quickly grasped when I'm sitting down. Hence, the one on the ankle.

I can't grab the one on my hip as I walk across the Parking Lot, with no verified threat present. I can however have my hand on the gun in my pocket just in case I need it as a street urchin walks up to me to try and bum money.

The one on my hip is the "preferred" one, but it may become damaged in a gunfight. That's why I recommend at least two. My minimum is two, my preferred is three, with longarms in the vehicle.

Evan Marshall is a right smart man in my opinion. He is the one that started me carrying more than one. :hand10:

Biker

#4 ·
Evan Marshall, a gun writer and co author of the Stopping Power and Street Stoppers books, usually carries 3 handguns. I tried it a couple of times myself with a Glock 19 9mm in a shoulder holster, a Ruger SP101 .357 magnum in a IWB holster and a Ruger LCP .380 in a pocket holster. Boy did I feel loaded for bear! It wasn't too cumbersome except when I went to the indoor mall and had to wear my heavy leather jacket everywhere I went. I went back to 1 or 2 gun carry right after that.

#20 ·
I'm in the AARP club (50) and totally agree. Chances of an actual altercation requiring 3 weapons are very small. Did carry my 36 as a BUG to my Springer for about 7 months and got tired of strapping the weight on.

Most of my LEO bud's don't carry one on or off duty.

Do have 2 knives on me at all times though. :image035:

#36 ·
I really like my Glocks but they're not infallible. Why not have a backup?

I carry a G23 and at least one reload. But New Mexico doesn't allow more than one concealed gun. If I could, I would carry at least two. If/when the law changes then I might consider buying a .380 for pocket carry.

G23 on the hip, .380 in the pocket, PM9 on the ankle. Yeah... That's the ticket! :image035:

#14 ·
Rarely ever carry more than one.

The last time I toted two I was actually confronted at an ATM and completely forgot about them in my decision to rectify things with a fist. Things didn't deteriorate to that point but I only thought of the handguns afterward. The fist would have still been most appropriate under that particular set of circumstances which was an intimidation robbery attempt. Something one shouldn't try to accomplish when he is short, slight, and too closely confined with his target.

#18 ·
I carry one mostly, but am starting to carry 2 when I can. I have had hinky days that I carried more. Worst I ever did though was when my dad an I went out and we both had hinky days. Sig P220, P226, Grendal P-12, and S&W .357. Dad was just carrying a 1911, Bersa .380, and Davis .380.

#19 ·
For me it is a trade off in mobility and accesibility. Like what BikerRN said, sometimes you just can't reach your primary. Then again, if SHTF I intend to be able to MOVE! That extra five or ten pound of guns and ammo is just going to slow me down.

(OKAY, five to ten pounds is a little crazy, but you get my point.)

Right now I will go with one big one and lots of practice drawing from compromised positions and/or while moving.

#22 ·
Two is good... I don't think I need 3, well, not yet anyway! :image035:

#23 ·
Carried?? No, but I have been out with more than two. The one I was carrying, the one that stays in my truck console and my "get home bag" has a loaded G21 and 8 loaded mags that stays hidden in my truck.

#29 ·
I try not to carry more than 7 guns at a time although occasionally I have carried 10 for special occasions but I make sure to wear my aluminum foil cap as well.

I usually have my Glock 27 on the front IWB, Ruger P90 back IWB, S&W .357 Mag SOB, Taurus 9mm in a Pager Pal, .454 Casull in a shoulder holster, Mossberg Persuader 12 ga. down my pants next to my right leg (walk like Chester on Gun Smoke) and AR-15 behind me under a light jacket or something.

Obviously, I'm just kidding but here's someone trying to make a point...

YouTube - Concealed Guns

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.