Bersa Firestorm Mini .45 Pro

This is a discussion on Bersa Firestorm Mini .45 Pro within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a couple of handguns in the safe that I "inherited" so to speak and I don't really shoot these guns since I have ...

Thread: Bersa Firestorm Mini .45 Pro

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar

I have a couple of handguns in the safe that I "inherited" so to speak and I don't really shoot these guns since I have around 25 other handguns to play with in my stable. I am a firm believer that you almost always lose on a trade but I need the valuble space in my safe so I decided to see what I could get on trade on one of them (European American Armory .380). I have shot this little Beretta copy a few times and while it functions OK generally it will not feed HP ammo reliably and is heavy for its size so I would never CCW with this pistol and its certainly not a range gun......so I found something very interesting at my most trusted LGS and decided to make and offer and see what I could get for the .380. I ended up with a good deal since Blue Book on the EAA .380 is only about $150 in the condition this handgun is in. I found a VG condition Bersa Firestorm Pro .45 and got it for $175 OTD with trade. The 9mm versions are going used for $365-400 +shipping and FFL transferr fees on Gunbroker and Gunsamerica. So its a very good deal IMO. I have handled and shot several Bersa's over the years and have always liked the handguns especially for the price for what you get. I have always found the Bersa guns to be one of the best bangs for the buck going today. This handgun has some nice features for the price including extended slide release, loaded chamber indicator, ambidextrous safety, slide release and magazine release. Came with 2 mags, original box and booklet. I had a chance to closely inspect and field strip the handgun before purchasing and other than some light finish wear on the slide edges it looks very good inside and out. The bore and internals are in like new shape with no perceivable wear.

Seven rounds of .45 acp in a compact lightweight package is always a welcome companion. I will give a range report soon.

Action:Semi-Automatic, Single/Double
    Size:Compact
    Caliber:45 ACP
    Barrel Length:3.6 Inch
    Capacity:7 Rounds
    Safety:Integral Locking System
    Grips:Polymer
    Sights:Fixed
    Weight:27 Ounces

Last edited by pirate; May 24th, 2009 at 12:13 AM.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Nice. Sounds like a great deal. I've never shot a Bersa, but would like to. They seem like great guns for the money.
    -LP
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." - Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

I love my Bersa Thunder .380. Everything about it is wonderful. Let me know how you like this one. I have been eyeballing it for sometime now, but haven't heard any feedback. Congrats on a great find/trade.
    SA XD-45ACP
    Glock G36
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Ruger LCR
    SIG P250 Full Size and SC 9mm

Sponsored Links