More on Kahr CW9 breakin

This is a discussion on More on Kahr CW9 breakin within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ripley16 I'm still having the occational light strike. Last week I had two occur during about only 5 magazines worth of ammo. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More on Kahr CW9 breakin

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    I'm still having the occational light strike. Last week I had two occur during about only 5 magazines worth of ammo. I'm bummed out...I'd really like this gun to work, but it lets me down sometimes. On the other hand, my T9 has been absolutely perfect every time. I wonder what the difference is???
    My CW9 has also had had several light strikes in approximately 500 rounds. After a couple of e-mails to Kahr, a new striker spring was sent my way and all is good again. I also had them send me a new guide rod and recoil spring just because they were under warranty. Man, was the replacement recoil spring stiff! Once installed, everything worked great again.

Kahr originally tried to tell me that the ammo I was using had hard primers. I called BS and told them that Federal, Speer, Remington, Winchester, Blazer Brass [CCI] all should not have hard primers. I had light strikes with all of them. They finally gave up the argument and sent the parts.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpetop View Post
    My CW9 has also had had several light strikes in approximately 500 rounds. After a couple of e-mails to Kahr, a new striker spring was sent my way and all is good again. I also had them send me a new guide rod and recoil spring just because they were under warranty. Man, was the replacement recoil spring stiff! Once installed, everything worked great again.

Kahr originally tried to tell me that the ammo I was using had hard primers. I called BS and told them that Federal, Speer, Remington, Winchester, Blazer Brass [CCI] all should not have hard primers. I had light strikes with all of them. They finally gave up the argument and sent the parts.
    Thanks for the advice, however I did the same thing at around the 300 round mark and I thought the problem was solved, but it has reared it's ugly head again, now around the 800 round mark. Very frustrating! I think I may try a new striker. I really like the gun, but I can't trust it. I just checked my range log... there have been 10 light strikes in 863 rounds, but about 500 without incident... that means while they do occur it's more like 10 out of about 350 or so. That's way, way too many.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, however I did the same thing at around the 300 round mark and I thought the problem was solved, but it has reared it's ugly head again, now around the 800 round mark. Very frustrating! I think I may try a new striker. I really like the gun, but I can't trust it. I just checked my range log... there have been 10 light strikes in 863 rounds, but about 500 without incident... that means while they do occur it's more like 10 out of about 350 or so. That's way, way too many.
    I agree! I had some light strikes again a week ago. I was using Sellier & Bellot ammo. I do know that this ammo is known to have very hard primers. The following day I fired approximately 50 rounds of Remington and Federal ammo with no problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links