Who pocket carries a Baby Glock?

This is a discussion on Who pocket carries a Baby Glock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who here pocket carries a Baby Glock? They seem like they may ne a little bulky but their dimesnions are very similar to other popular ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who pocket carries a Baby Glock?

Who here pocket carries a Baby Glock? They seem like they may ne a little bulky but their dimesnions are very similar to other popular pocket rockets. So is there a reason I couldnt with a quality pocket holster and a good belt pocket carry a Baby Glock? I already EDC a 23, and am trying to convince myself not to just get a G27. I am considering an LCP, a PM9 and a J-frame also, but tend to lean to the autos because they are so flat and I wear dress pants (thin) to work.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

A lot. G26. With one of these:

Hip pocket of jeans with a cover jacket, or cargo pants. I also carry this way with slacks, and have done so in suits also.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

That's a nice looking pocket holster. I hadn't seen that before...
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

I own a G27 and I thought that I would be able to pocket carry it. I have come to find out that it is possible, but it is very bulky and prints like all hell. It's just not comfortable.

You had said you are looking at the LCP. I purchased my LCP about 5 months ago and it is a dream to carry. I have the Kel Tec belt clip on it and all I do is slip it into my back pocket where my wallet would be. I just looks like I have a knife in my pocket. I have more than once just about forgot I was carrying it. If you are looking to pocket carry I would not buy the G27. I would buy the LCP and have one of the most comfortable guns to carry.

If you want a G27 its a great gun and I still carry mine, but not in my pocket.
    You can't beat the comfort of the LCP.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I thought about it, but it just seems way too big for that. Or maybe I need to grow a bit.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

VIP Member
    I've pocket carried a G27 and thought it was alright. Of course the size of the pockets and the material is important. I can do it wearing khaki cargo pants. Admittedly it is a little big in the pocket, but with a good holster it doesn't scream "gun".

I wasn't carrying it as an EDC like that, it was just for trips to town, etc. My EDC now, is an LCP in a holster in my pocket, not near the gun as the G27, but works for me with my job, I can always carry a more suitable defensive gun IWB when I feel it's necessary; or just pocket carry the G27 when I feel the need. YMMV
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Rock and Glock;1163780]A lot. G26. With one of these:

Who makes this holster? I want one
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Well i work in suits 100% I need discreet carry. I thought about just buying an PM9 for those times when I do pocket carry, but thought the portability and compatablity of the 27 to my 23 would be ideal. Anybody else wanna convince me. I would love to think I could still do this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I chose the PM9 precisely because the G26 was too big and blocky for practical pocket carry. It is much wider than the PM9, which makes a huge difference. It feels like a huge brick clunking around in the front pocket, and looks it too.

I know there are those that carry a G26 in their pocket. More power to them. But I have to believe (as one poster alluded) that their choice of clothing and carry opportunities are much more limited than it would be with an LCP/P3AT or a PM9/PF-9 (or a Rohrbaugh). If we are talking jaket pockets, that I can see carrying a G26. But, for example, a G26 will not fit in my inside sports coat pocket, like the PM9 does. The PM9 also fits in a jeans back pocket entirely -- whereas the G26 stick up above it and requires a covering garment. I personally don't like carrying in a cargo pocket, but in the inside pocket behind the cargo pocket. Although a G26 may fit in some cargos, having that brick waving around in the outside pocket banging into stuff and sticking out like a sore thumb is not my idea of "pocket carry." I have not yet found an inside, front pants pocket that the G26 fits in comfortably, that also has a wide enough pocket lip for easy draw.

My opinion, if you want a pocket gun, you need to look elsewhere than a Glock.

No disrespect intended, but calling a subcompact Glock a babyglock is just plain wrong. Firearms do not reproduce. Having said that I have a G27 for offduty carry and I carry it in a Inside the Pants Holster or Blackhawk Serpa when I carry it. The sub-Glocks are way too bulky for pocket or ankle IMHO. I stick to the jframe airweight or a Kahr PM for that.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

I have a G27 as well as a PM9. I pocket carry the PM9 almost every day during warmer weather and the G27 in an MTAC IWB during cooler months. I have to agree with the others who have said the G26/27 are a bit bulky for pocket carry.

I would definitely recommend the PM9. The LCP is another great option for pocket carry. Also if you're not opposed to .380, check out the new Kahr P380.

I carried a G27 for several years as my EDC, but pocket-carry is simply not something I was ever able to pull off w/ the chunky little thing... Ankle-carry was do-able w/ the flat magazine base-pad, but ONLY in my loose, baggy jeans - Definitely not in tailored pants such as are worn with a suit...

That said, some apparently do pocket-carry and/or ankle carry the subcompact Glocks on a consistent basis, in a variety of clothing choices, and conceal them successfully... I am not one of them however...

It's worth noting, though, that my physical build is generally not very forgiving when it comes to concealment in general, irrespective of the method used... I am 6'2" and about 175 lbs... So for me, basically, anything aside from a thin, single-stack auto worn IWB on my strong-side, will typically print fairly obviously...

So I might not be the best person to ask...

It's worth a try, though...

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

I haven't ever pocket carried mine, but I do once in a blue moon ankle carry it,.. I've thought about getting a P3AT for pocket carry times, but finding 380 ammo was too hard, so I've put that off,.

Administrator

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Thanks
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links