Mag question on Kimber Pro CDP II

This is a discussion on Mag question on Kimber Pro CDP II within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I just got a Kimber....1st one ever purchased. Came with one mag and I bought another...Kimber ProMag 7 rounds. It comes with a few ...

Thread: Mag question on Kimber Pro CDP II

Mag question on Kimber Pro CDP II

So I just got a Kimber....1st one ever purchased. Came with one mag and I bought another...Kimber ProMag 7 rounds. It comes with a few base plates. I would prefer to use the mag flush mounted to the well since I do not need any extension on the grip. My question is do I have to put on one of the include bases? The mag is shorter then the one that came with the gun and it doesnt click in???? Its a 7 round mag just like the one I got with the gun. Im alittle confused on this one.

2. Remove Ads

If it's the Kim TacPro (or similar name) it's 8 rounds, but will say that on the side, if not, it's 7. The base plates are for a couple reasons. One, if you have a magwell, you need the extension and two, some like the extra to forcefully seat the mag. Not that you can't seat it with no pad, but it's a little more consistent, I guess.

I use Wilson 47D's or Wilson ETMs. I pick up a few dozen a year.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

My guess is that the extra mag you have is not for the Pro series (full size grip) Kimbers but for the short-gripped Ultra series.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    My guess is that the extra mag you have is not for the Pro series (full size grip) Kimbers but for the short-gripped Ultra series.
    Bingo. If you still have the package, it will probably say something about being for a "Compact" in the upper right hand corner. The "Compact" is talking about the grip frame size and not the barrel length. You need to get one that states "Full Size" for your pistol. With the proper mag, it will sit flush and there will be no need for a bumper pad if you don't want it. BTW, the Tac-Mags are great magazines and you will be very pleased with them.

Sounds like they accidently threw in a "Ultra" mag. All my Procarry standard mags are eight rounds. The seven rounders are for the Ultra and the reason it will not snap in or lock is because it's the wrong magazine. Take it to where you bought it and tell them to trade the one that doesn't belong for a standard government model 7 or 8 rounder magazine.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Thxs

Hey guys...thanks for replying...they gave me a mag for a compact and I didnt realize that Kimber Made a shorter grip. I now have the mag for the pro series (8 rounds). Funny how the mag that came with my Kimber only hold 7 rounds. I also purchased a Wilson as well. Alittle longer....you can see the stainless a bit but I wanted to try both. Again....thanks for your responses.

I don't know how I missed that in your original post! Sorry about that!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Links