642 Powerport Pro review

This is a discussion on 642 Powerport Pro review within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A couple of months ago, I was on the hunt for one of the no lock 642's. I was almost ready to sign away when ...

Thread: 642 Powerport Pro review

642 Powerport Pro review

A couple of months ago, I was on the hunt for one of the no lock
    642's. I was almost ready to sign away when they brought out the Powerport Pro. Although it had the lock, it still appealed to me because it had a better front sight and the port up front.

I've read enough on the internet about how porting produces louder discharge and brighter muzzle flash but in all honestly, it really doesn't. I'm shooting Corbon DPX +p rounds along with a lot of 148gr hbwc target rounds and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. I have yet to get sprayed in the face with fragments.

I've since purchased a set of LG405's for it, which shoot to point of aim at 7 yards.

I like this gun and I'm glad I purchased it instead of the 642. The lock doesn't bother me at all.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by odyssey View Post
    A couple of months ago, I was on the hunt for one of the no lock
    642's. I was almost ready to sign away when they brought out the Powerport Pro. Although it had the lock, it still appealed to me because it had a better front sight and the port up front.

I've read enough on the internet about how porting produces louder discharge and brighter muzzle flash but in all honestly, it really doesn't. I'm shooting Corbon DPX +p rounds along with a lot of 148gr hbwc target rounds and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. I have yet to get sprayed in the face with fragments.

I've since purchased a set of LG405's for it, which shoot to point of aim at 7 yards.

I like this gun and I'm glad I purchased it instead of the 642. The lock doesn't bother me at all.

You can remove the lock your self in about 30 min. I did mine on my 642, its easy to do and there is a video how to on youtube. So its really a none issue.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Links