NAA Guardian .380,are these a quality gun?

This is a discussion on NAA Guardian .380,are these a quality gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I handled one of these today and it seemed like a very well made gun,are these a quality made gun,how are these as far as ...

Thread: NAA Guardian .380,are these a quality gun?

NAA Guardian .380,are these a quality gun?

I handled one of these today and it seemed like a very well made gun,are these a quality made gun,how are these as far as reliability goes? Also how is the recoil on these guns is it stiff like the keltec .380 I used to own?

2. Remove Ads

I have 2 NAA's a 32 acp and a 32 NAA (which is a 380 necked down to 32) and they are the guns that I carry the most. The 380 sized one is a little big for pocket carry but I bought a Desantis owb holster from NAA and you can hide this little gun under a tshirt with no problems, I carry the 32 acp in a DM Bullard pocket holster. Both shoot great for defensive distances...not a target gun..but have the utmost confidence that I can keep somebody off of me. I sold my Keltec when i got my NAA... I had trouble with my 32 acp when I firt bought it and NAA when above and beyond to make it right... great customer service. Robbie

I have both the Kel-Tec P3AT .380 and the NAA Guardian .380. (One example of each.) I've also had a Kahr PM9 9mm.

Simply due to the weight, I find myself better able to control the NAA and handle the recoil. Recoil is stout, but a shade less sharp than the P3AT. It has as much to do with the shape and width of the backstrap, as it does the weight, IMO. Witness a fairly light Glock 19 as compared to the NAA Guardian 380 (which are similar in weight), and you'll see what I mean.

Yes, I find it to be well made. It's different. The disassembly is not what you expect.

The break-in period seems to be long. I think the steel is harder than some. It resists break-in. I found that using a fine 800- to 1200- grit jeweler's rouge to polish the slide/frame mating surfaces helped dramatically in smoothing out the operation and speeding the break-in. Without this, it would likely have taken ~1000-1500 rds to get smooth. As it was, I lopped ~70% of that time off via the mild polishing.

I have found the NAA Guardian .380 to be fairly reliable. It's not dead solid perfect, due to the stiffness of the slide, I think. But it's quickly cleared and goes on without a hitch. All in all, it's not a bad package.

Of the three (P3AT, Guardian 380, and PM9), I found the Kahr PM9 to be the best handling, easiest to fire, and most comfortable ... by far. Though, the PM9 is notably larger.

The P380 is going to be interesting, for folks who love the PM9 format but prefer the P3AT size.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I had one and wish I hadnt sold it...very solid built gun...get it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links