NAA Pug

This is a discussion on NAA Pug within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just had the chance to shoot my new NAA Pug today. I have to say it was alot of fun in that small package. Pain ...

Thread: NAA Pug

NAA Pug

Just had the chance to shoot my new NAA Pug today. I have to say it was alot of fun in that small package. Pain in the a-- to reload and that little cylinder does get a little warm after 20 rds. But I was shooting at a man size target at about 10 feet and got em all in center mass. Not the greatest ccw but I feel it will do in a pinch when I can't carry anything else. Just wish I could find some cheap ammo to play longer.

2. Remove Ads

The best pocket carry firearm of all time, bar none, IMHO.
    Freedom of speech does not excuse one from freedom of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Air,Land&Sea View Post
    The best pocket carry firearm of all time, bar none, IMHO.
    Wow, that's a heck of a statement.

No desire to get into a fight here, but I'd be interested in hearing about the criteria you used and the comparisons you made in coming to that conclusion.

Thanks!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Wow, that's a heck of a statement.

No desire to get into a fight here, but I'd be interested in hearing about the criteria you used and the comparisons you made in coming to that conclusion.

Thanks!
    That's what I'm here for. There's an unlimited number of "better" guns, but none fit better in a front pocket than my trusty new NAA PUG. I've tried them all. I also have a very trusty Kahr PM40 that I greatly enjoy, but for pure pocketness it's the PUG.

I'm pretty sure this would fit in your pocket better.

Have you tried a Seecamp? I have one and I think they are pretty awesome pocket guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Air,Land&Sea View Post
    That's what I'm here for. There's an unlimited number of "better" guns, but none fit better in a front pocket than my trusty new NAA PUG. I've tried them all. I also have a very trusty Kahr PM40 that I greatly enjoy, but for pure pocketness it's the PUG.
    That's what I was trying to understand. If size was your only consideration, I can't argue that.

Let's just hope that you never have to do any more than carry it! KnowwhatImean?

BTW.....I keep meaning to pick one up for the 'ole tacklebox. The darn things are just too much fun not to have one around when the fishing goes bad!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    That's what I was trying to understand. If size was your only consideration, I can't argue that.

Let's just hope that you never have to do any more than carry it! KnowwhatImean?

BTW.....I keep meaning to pick one up for the 'ole tacklebox. The darn things are just too much fun not to have one around when the fishing goes bad!
    I hear ya. I find the smaller .22LR to be too small and the standard .22 Mag a bit tough to handle in a pinch. The PUG is a step better (for handling) and just drops right in as if made specifically for a front pocket. I secure the firearm with the right middle finger in front of the grip and the left thumb pushing forward from behind. Makes for a very good and accurate position from which to fire.
    As an added bonus, it's a very well made firearm, pretty nifty and fun to shoot. And, I found a few thousand rounds of Winchester Super-X (40 gr.) and Supreme (34 gr. HP) to keep me busy for a week or so.

Links