Does anyone carry a XD45 Tactical?

This is a discussion on Does anyone carry a XD45 Tactical? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 5" Barrel, if so how do you go about it? And what holster would you recommend? I have yet to obtain my concealed carry permit, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone carry a XD45 Tactical?

5" Barrel, if so how do you go about it? And what holster would you recommend? I have yet to obtain my concealed carry permit, but being as this is the only handgun I own at the moment, I'm debating taking the course with it. Any help/info is much appreciated.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I carry the XD45acp 4" Service. The barrel length isn't the hard part of concealing, its the grip length.

Have you decided on IWB or OWB carry? Look into Bluegrass Hybrid Holsters and check out the Mason Dixon. It can be carried both ways.

Use your Tactical and enjoy a great gun!
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I carry the XDm with a 4.5in barrel. I just got a IWB made by UBG. I got the holster from a member named here as Thumper. (thanks man!) The holster is a IWB and conceals nicely. Its comfortable and and very effecient. You can find the website on here by clicking on the Related links, then Holsters and carry options and way at the bottom you will find the UBG link. Also, check out the Crossbreed for IWB. I personally dont own one but I have heard many good things about them!

With my size frame 5'10 150ish, I'd imagine I'd be looking at an IWB holster.

I'm not too knowledgeable < apparently > on the subject, so I'm basically fishing for suggestions at this point. The XD Gear holster is fine for the range, but unless I were to open carry (which the chance of is slim to none) I don't see it being a viable option. Thanks much for your reply, and I'll definitely check out the holsters you recommended.

I carry an XD9 which has a similar grip to the 45. I know the barrel is longer on yours but like they said above it's the grip that really counts. I carry very comfortably in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I highly recommend it. Their turn around time is great as well! I think it's like 3 weeks where most custom holsters are running months!
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Carry mine every day in an MTAC. Very comfortable. What everyone else said is true, the grip will be the problem when it comes to concealing it.

I am carrying one right now......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I wanted to add that I just saw you are in South Carolina. I am in Florida so we both live in states that are known for high heat and terrible humidity.

If you can dress to conceal with loose un-tucked shirts you will be much more comfortable carrying OWB and your gun will stay dry as well. Carrying IWB here means I have to wipe my muzzle down daily as the sweat gets all over the gun and soaks my holster on some days.

I currently carry in a CompTac Mtac Minotaur IWB holster and it is a very good holster and very comfortable. However, I have a TT Gunleather custom holster on order for my XD45 and a Bluegrass Hybrid on order for my Springfield 1911 and will switch completely to OWB carry during the summer.

A good quality gun belt to compliment and support your new holster will also add a lot of comfort.

If you look into Bluegrass Holsters you might opt for the horsehide sweat shield as an option. It is only $10 more.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

UBG makes a nice holster....I also use a Milt Sparks Versa II when Im carry IWB. I have and XD40 4" Barrel.

I apologize for "bumping" my thread, but I've spent a whole lot of time perusing other areas of the forums.

What degree of cant would you recommend for the full sized grip? I've given it some thought myself, and I'd imagine if I can put the grip at a comfortable angle it may be less of an issue carrying a full sized firearm.

I've also been pondering the route in which I should pursue my CWP. Should I chance on a holster first (I haven't been anywhere to try any on, see how the weapon fits, etc.) or go for the license first and sort out the holster details later?

I carry an XD 45 tactical compact. It has the 5" barrel and a compact grip (with the option for the extension magazine, which I carry sometimes). I use the Supertuck Deluxe holster from CrossBreed Holsters, with the combat grip option.

I used to carry my service XD 45 with the 4" barrel, but I found that 1 extra inch on the barrel doesn't matter that much when carrying, at least not for me.
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

I carried my 45 compact in a Milt Sparks VM2, excellent holster and well worth the wait.

Easy to conceal with a good IWB.

I carry my XD45 Tact 5" in a Comtac Minotaur. Very comfy. No prob with the XD45Tact.
    Keep your powder dry

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    no but i want one maybe this summer
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links