Defensive Carry banner

It followed me home, Then my wife claimed it for her own.

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Springfieldin 
#1 ·
Well as I was out & about today , I thought I would stop into the local gun show. Wasnt reaaly looking for anything in particular but did need to replenish some ammo supplies if the price was right... Well as i was wandering around checking out the wares .. i come across a pistol i had only heard about but never seen before, I had wanted one when they originally came out back in 1985 or 86 but never came up with the money at the time to order one. Well I didnt let this one get away , I left the show with a brand new in the box Detonics pocket 9 complete with all original paperwork & both clips . I figured this would make a great back up gun that was my plan .... Then I arrived home. I showed the wife the newest purchase & promptly lost ownership of said weapon as she took it for her main carry weapon .. All I need to do now is order a custom holster & she is ready.

The good news is she gave me permission to start looking for a pair of original Detonic Combat Masters, since she took the pocket nine.

I am now on the look out for a matched pair of combat masters with the Alessi shoulder rig that was available direct from Detonics back in the mid 80s...

Pics to follow once I Download them off the camara

Take care.

See less See more
#5 ·
Appears to be a nice little 9mm, don't think I've ever seen one before. Are extra mags and such still available in the market? I'd be tickled pink if my wife claimed one of my guns as "hers" as she'd be taking her own safety seriously - no such luck yet but I keep trying.
Jack

#7 ·
Those are NICE little guns!! that's a great find you have there... I CCW'd a couple of em back in the mid 80s and they worked flawlessly!..
Like Shooter has mentioned, run a couple boxes of ammo thru it to make sure ut feeds properly.........A slightly rounded HP bullet contoure works VERY well with them. You may also consider a JHP in the chamber, followed by a FMJ, and alernating them with JHP/FMJ/JHP/FMJ etc......Mags are still available for the guns too!

#11 ·
Had not seen that small of a Detonics before - looks very compact and totable.

Oh well - at least you can now have the Combat Masters on the horizon! :smilez:

#12 ·
Nice find. Don't know if you're lucky because of the gun or because your SO wanted it. Both, I reck'n.

#13 ·
Thanks All........ Yes I am lucky my wife believes she is important enuff that she needs to protect herself. She also owns her own AR & AK, she still is lusting after a FN in 308...

To Answer some questions

The Pocket 9 was built in 85 & 86 it appears that less then 1500 where builty so it is rare .. The good thing is Detonics built it like a Tank so it is not likely to break. The pistol is a straight blowback action so it will kick like a mule, I am sure after she runs a couple boxes of JHPs thru it her palm will be hurting as the grips are made from aluminium.

I really feel lucky that i found this pistol & other then losing it to the wife, it is a great pistol to add to the collection.

#15 ·
a few years ago I bought myself a Brand new Glock 26 9mm to carry..my wife's had it ever since

#16 ·
maclean3 said:
No fair loading it with +P+ just so she'll give it back! :wink:
Jack
Now that is a great Idea... Only one problem ... She knows how to run my reloader & she reloads her own ammo , so kind of hard being she will be in charge of loading her own magazines.... I might have to offer to reload a couple hundred rounds for her...

Well we will find out we are off to the range on Thursday night ,

#18 ·
sweet piece!
Alright, I'm not married, but I'm sure getting the wife / significant other 'to your side' is most of the battle. SO, small price to pay if she took it away - gives you an "excuse" (as if you REALLY need one!) to buy another.
Buddy of mine got married 7 years ago to a gal who wouldn't let a gun in the house. Fast- forward those years and he reloads, shoots, and has quite a collection. Good for him and her!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.