It followed me home, Then my wife claimed it for her own.

This is a discussion on It followed me home, Then my wife claimed it for her own. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well as I was out & about today , I thought I would stop into the local gun show. Wasnt reaaly looking for anything in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It followed me home, Then my wife claimed it for her own.

Well as I was out & about today , I thought I would stop into the local gun show. Wasnt reaaly looking for anything in particular but did need to replenish some ammo supplies if the price was right... Well as i was wandering around checking out the wares .. i come across a pistol i had only heard about but never seen before, I had wanted one when they originally came out back in 1985 or 86 but never came up with the money at the time to order one. Well I didnt let this one get away , I left the show with a brand new in the box Detonics pocket 9 complete with all original paperwork & both clips . I figured this would make a great back up gun that was my plan .... Then I arrived home. I showed the wife the newest purchase & promptly lost ownership of said weapon as she took it for her main carry weapon .. All I need to do now is order a custom holster & she is ready.

The good news is she gave me permission to start looking for a pair of original Detonic Combat Masters, since she took the pocket nine.

I am now on the look out for a matched pair of combat masters with the Alessi shoulder rig that was available direct from Detonics back in the mid 80s...

Pics to follow once I Download them off the camara

Take care.
    Attached Images
    Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

Congrats
    Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is deadly.

Congrats!
    Be sure to have your wife run a box or two of carry ammo thru the gun before she carries it.
    str1

wow ! thats different........ good find ! When was that pistol made ?

Appears to be a nice little 9mm, don't think I've ever seen one before. Are extra mags and such still available in the market? I'd be tickled pink if my wife claimed one of my guns as "hers" as she'd be taking her own safety seriously - no such luck yet but I keep trying.
    Jack

Nice! The gun too!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Those are NICE little guns!! that's a great find you have there... I CCW'd a couple of em back in the mid 80s and they worked flawlessly!..
    Like Shooter has mentioned, run a couple boxes of ammo thru it to make sure ut feeds properly.........A slightly rounded HP bullet contoure works VERY well with them. You may also consider a JHP in the chamber, followed by a FMJ, and alernating them with JHP/FMJ/JHP/FMJ etc......Mags are still available for the guns too!
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

congrats ive been in same boat old lady took over a 1911

great find. I put a few mags through a combat master this weekend. Detonics makes great guns. Enjoy

VIP Member
    I used to lust after those Detonics when they came out back in the 80's. I see them from time-to-time at local gunshows.

Post a range report; I'm curious as to how it works out.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Assistant Administrator
    Had not seen that small of a Detonics before - looks very compact and totable.

Oh well - at least you can now have the Combat Masters on the horizon!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Nice find. Don't know if you're lucky because of the gun or because your SO wanted it. Both, I reck'n.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Thanks All........ Yes I am lucky my wife believes she is important enuff that she needs to protect herself. She also owns her own AR & AK, she still is lusting after a FN in 308...

To Answer some questions

The Pocket 9 was built in 85 & 86 it appears that less then 1500 where builty so it is rare .. The good thing is Detonics built it like a Tank so it is not likely to break. The pistol is a straight blowback action so it will kick like a mule, I am sure after she runs a couple boxes of JHPs thru it her palm will be hurting as the grips are made from aluminium.

I really feel lucky that i found this pistol & other then losing it to the wife, it is a great pistol to add to the collection.
    Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.

No fair loading it with +P+ just so she'll give it back!
    Jack

Cool

a few years ago I bought myself a Brand new Glock 26 9mm to carry..my wife's had it ever since
    "You have enemies ? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life" Winston Churchill

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use" Galileo Galilei

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links