Bersa .45 Ultra Compact

This is a discussion on Bersa .45 Ultra Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked one up a couple weeks ago and have fired about 200 rds through her without any problems. Accuracy seems fairly good, but ...

Thread: Bersa .45 Ultra Compact

Bersa .45 Ultra Compact

I just picked one up a couple weeks ago and have fired about 200 rds through her without any problems. Accuracy seems fairly good, but not as good as my 1911. However, the Bersa is smaller and lighter than the 1911 so I intend to use it as my EDC in a Houston paddle holster. Any comments would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Magnum Mikie; June 3rd, 2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Changes

2. Remove Ads

About the gun, no it is a good gun. I really enjoy mine. ..

Last edited by Landor; June 3rd, 2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added picture

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I just picked up a slightly used Bersa Firestorm Mini Pro in .45acp for around 3 bills. Its basically the same gun you bought. Great handgun for the money, lots of features and well made and compact for the caliber. These Bersa's are inexpensive but certainly not cheaply made.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Exclamation Welcome to the club...

Magnum Mikie...
    I bought mine used for $250 off a friend that needed quick cash. The Bersa Thunder 45 UC is a very nice carry piece.
    No, it's not a 1911...or really even a target gun...it's a sweet belly gun for self defense. Enjoy...!!

SHOOTER13
    ================
    DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower

Shooter, mine is a twin to yours. Bought it NIB for $290 at a local gun show. Came with a spare mag (unlike the .380 Bersa).

Thumbs up NICE...

Damn good price on that NIB !!

Like the kydex holster...who makes it ?
    SHOOTER13
    ================
    DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower

Quote Originally Posted by SHOOTER13 View Post
    Damn good price on that NIB !!

Like the kydex holster...who makes it ?
    Google "Houston Paddle Holster" and you'll find it. IIRC, I bought mine on Ebay for $22 (plus 4$ S&H). I use a Fobus paddle for my Bersa 380CC. They work great.......just slide them on over your belt and you're good-to-go. Just the right amount of retention to keep the gun from falling out and easy to draw quickly if SHTF.

Nice looking pistolés. I've heard some good things about Bersas. May have to look into one. Are they DA/SA or DAO? Looks like they have an ambi safety, is that correct?
    -LP
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." - Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Right handed safety, DA/SA.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Right handed safety, DA/SA.

Yes, it does have ambidextrous safety (look at photos in post 4 and 5 above), and magazine release (reversable).

From Bersa site:
    Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Compact, built from the ground up to handle the potent 45ACP cartridge, maintains controllability and accuracy, even under the toughest conditions. Precision machined for strength and durability, the Thunder 45 Ultra Compact features include extended slide release, loaded chamber indicator, ambidextrous safety, magazine release and integral locking system.

Model:Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Compact Pistol
    Action:Semi-Automatic, Double
    Size:Compact
    Caliber:45 ACP
    Barrel Length:3.6 Inch
    Capacity:7 Rounds
    Safety:Integral Locking System
    Grips:Polymer
    Sights:Fixed
    Weight:27 Ounces
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

1911-for some an old friend for others an American myth !

Does bigger make better ? Does speed make for more stopping power ? The question(s) would take a very large book to even start to answer all of the questions on weapons and ammo and what we want/expect them to do.

The weapon you carry CC will in most cases be dictated by the weather, the cloths that you wear and the days/nights event that you will be involved in....Church,work, at a ball game etc.

The stopping power is also dictated by much of what was said above. In the heat of summer a good load can be a lighter load. In the cold of winter a good load needs to penitrate layers of clothing.

The weapon and the ammo that you carry hopefully will have been used (trigger time at the range) and then a good decision will be made. To simply say that the 1911-A or one of the knock offs is the bets gun leads me to think that many people are walking around thinking that they have the absolute best gun ammo combination that they can possibly have.

The last part of the equation is bullet placement and that takes us back to the range. You can have a 105 Howitzer and if you can't hit the target.....what good is it ?

I carry a .380acp on some occasions and then perhaps a 9mm or one of my 45acp's all this driven by much of what was said above. My concern would be first to stop the threat and then the safety of by-standers and my own ability to come out of a deadly confrontation as the sole winner having hurt only the Perp.

Best gun and the best ammo...It's in the hands of a well trained (practiced) shooter no matter the size of the weapon or the ammo used.

JB

Links