serving in Iraq and something caught my eye!

This is a discussion on serving in Iraq and something caught my eye! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello I am a new member as you may already know but, I have a couple of questions to ask and I have not seen ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: serving in Iraq and something caught my eye!

Hello I am a new member as you may already know but, I have a couple of questions to ask and I have not seen the proper place to post them just yet and I have read bumbers post on placing questions in the correct forum location so if you can help me out that would be great!
    I am currently surving in Iraq at the moment and I happenned to be skimmimg through a couple magazines and the new crimson carry caught my eye. I did some research on Kimber and googled the new Ultra crimson Carry 2 and the Ultra CDP 2 and a post from this forum popped up and so I decided to become a member I read a few post on the topic of the two beautiful carry pistols and I really like the the crimson carry 2 but I rather have the CDP with the stainless steel slide and mate black frame The catch is I also would like the CT grip I am confedant that if this is possable from kimber or any custom shop that this will be my for sure concealed carry pistol. Please if you can point me in the right direction or give me your insight if possable. Thank you

Lead Moderator
    Welcome and thanks for your service. You should be able to install CT grips on any 1911 or compact 1911. The only item that may get in the way would be a extended ambi safety, which the Kimber does not come with I believe.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

The Kimber Ultra CDP in my EDC (every day carry)...you won't need a CT on that weapon...it'll be more accurate than you are...
    I love the Kimber Ultra CDP...if you want a CT, go for it!

Thanks for your service.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome and thanks for your service.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Welcome from FL's Space Coast and thank you for serving!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Welcome aboard and thank you for your service!

The only hang up is with a 1911 that has an ambi safety, CTs won't fit unless you drastically shorten the ambi lever. Other than that, any Kimber you like can have CTs!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thanks for all the support guys we are doing our best out here!

The Ultra CDP 2 comes with and ambi safety will it get in the way of the CT grip and if it does couldnt I just take a dremel and buffer to it or get it taken off all together?

I go on leave some time soon for a couple weeks but then I gotta come back and finish my tour I'm the kind of guy if I want something bad enough I go out and get it my girlfriend wants me to wait until I finish the deployment to buy it what do you guys think?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fudgeva View Post

The Ultra CDP 2 comes with and ambi safety will it get in the way of the CT grip and if it does couldnt I just take a dremel and buffer to it or get it taken off all together?

I go on leave some time soon for a couple weeks but then I gotta come back and finish my tour I'm the kind of guy if I want something bad enough I go out and get it my girlfriend wants me to wait until I finish the deployment to buy it what do you guys think?
    I think it would be best to just remove the ambidextrous safety. You'd have to cut a lot off so it won't hit the top of the laser so why even have it there?

Here's a note from Crimson Trace: * Ambidextrous-safety models require shortened safeties, available from Crimson Trace. Kimber 1911 owners with ambi-safety must see a gunsmith.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thank you for your service
    When a Government become ultra concerned about its citizen's guns its time to beconcerned about the Governments long term plans Me

Quote Originally Posted by fudgeva View Post

Thank you sincerely for the job you're all doing!

If it were me, I'd not do either. Grinding or Dremeling (a real verb?) the safety will be a big disadvantage should you decide to sell the pistol and eliminating or altering pieces - especially safety related - will be a windfall to a prosecutor should, heaven forbid, you ever have to use the pistol for personal defense.

If you can try the pistol to see how naturally it points and shoots for you, you may decide you don't really need the CT's. If you still want to use the laser, then you should look for another 1911 that doesn't have the same kind of safety.

As for the last question, my 45 years of marriage have convinced me that doing what mamma wants goes a long way toward getting what I want later (and better).

VIP Member
    Welcome and thanks for your service. Stay safe!

Your service is so much appreciated.

CT aside, contact MILITEC-1 - The ONLY all-purpose synthetic metal conditioner and gun oil

This company will send active military free product. It designed for dry areas like Iraq.
    Glock 33 .357 SIG plus .40 S&W barrel for most of practice. Keep loaded with .357 SIG hollow point for home protection.

RugerLCP .380 equipped with Crimson Trace for everyday carry.

http://www.christinacooks.com/

Can't help you with any insights, but I sincerely thank you for your service.
    Stay safe!

-jb

Welcome, and enjoy your stay
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Thank you for what you are doing.
    Last edited by drs1457; June 6th, 2009 at 06:29 AM.
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links