Sig p250

This is a discussion on Sig p250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Sig p250 .45 yesterday it was kind of a impulse buy and it will be this weekend before i can try it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig p250

Sig p250

I bought a Sig p250 .45 yesterday it was kind of a impulse buy and it will be this weekend before i can try it out . I was wondering if anyone has one or shot one and what they thought about it .After buying it I've been reading some mixed reveiws and wondering if i made a mistake buying it guess I'll find out for myself this weekend .

2. Remove Ads

I shot the 9mm first....it is very Sig accurate. However the trigger is verrrrrrrryyyyyyy long and seems like it will never go bang. I dont quite think it is what we have come to expect from SIG in their Classic line but it will be a fine weapon for reliability and accuracy if you like it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

"I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I shot the 9mm first....it is very Sig accurate. However the trigger is verrrrrrrryyyyyyy long and seems like it will never go bang. I dont quite think it is what we have come to expect from SIG in their Classic line but it will be a fine weapon for reliability and accuracy if you like it.
    What he said... Also, since it is a pure DAO, the reset is equally LOOOOONG. I didn't realize it was pure DAO when I first fondled one... Pulled the trigger, thought to myself, "Wow, long trigger pull (quite smooth and not too heavy though)". I then held the trigger to the rear after the hammer dropped, cycled the slide, and slowly let the trigger back out, looking for the reset point... Lo and behold, the reset requires the trigger to come all the way back to the forward-most position... I was expecting more of a Sig DAK or H&K LEM type of pre-cock or otherwise shortened reset - Nope...

I will say that, while it's not quite what I had come to expect from Sig, it did fit my hand VERY nicely (not sure what grip size was on it), and pointed quite naturally... Nice-looking pistol, too... Just not for everyone... But if you shoot it well, and if you like it, and will carry it, it matters not what anyone else thinks of it's looks, design, feel, etc.

I hope it ends up being to your liking!

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

I held the 9mm the other day and thought it felt great in my hand. Everyone has wonderful things to say about them. It is on my list to buy. I was waiting for the subcompact to come out. SIG said hopefully by the end of the month. I wasn't aware the .45 was released yet. I may have to pick that up in compact while I wait for the subcompact in .357 SIG. Congrats on the buy. I don't think you will be disappointed. By the time you finish the break-in period, the trigger will feel natural to you. Enjoy it. Post some pics when you bring her home and let us know how she handles.
    SA XD-45ACP
    Glock G36
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Ruger LCR
    SIG P250 Full Size and SC 9mm

I use the 9mm version as my daily carry and have been quite happy with it since I started carrying. What the others have said about the trigger is true, though Sig does offer a SRT (short return trigger), which is supposed to shorten the reset and pull some but I haven't looked into it too much. It's a very accurate pistol. I'm happy enough with it that I'm considering getting another one just to have a spare.

It was a very nice switch from what I was carrying before, a old S&W Sigma.

Congratulations on your new 250. I have the 40 cal version. I had an issue with the trigger (defective) from the beginning, but Sig took care of it in less than a week.

Mine doesn't like Blazer rounds much (I get a couple of failure to feed), but no problems with any other major brands of ammo.

Once you get used to the trigger, it is a pleasure to shoot. It is very accurate. I think it is a very nice gun and very comfortable. Enjoy it!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

First, I hope it shoots great for you. I bought a sig 250 in .45 cal full size in april. I'd previously rented a 220 and fell in love with the gun. It shot better than I ever thought I could with such ease. So (thinking I was so smart looked into the modern 250 for the ease of changing from one caliber to another as well ease of carry).

I took the gun to the range twice. First time, I shot 100 rounds. I had multiple issues w/ stovepipes and the round from the mag failing to feed correctly. So I dropped by the sig forum and p250sig forum. Figured it may be the ammo and or mag problem.

Second time, I bought three different types of ammo and put in an order for another mag (pretty scarce at this time). Multiple fte, double feeds w/ all of the above ammo. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I REALLY wanted to love this gun. During this time, the gun's trigger locked in place after firing and would not reset. Unable to clear despite dropping the mag, racking the slide etc. Took it back to the shop. They were just as perplexed as I was. Gun shipped back to Sig. Almost two weeks elapse. Gun returned with note from sig, "fired 50 rounds no issues. No maintenence needed." Although, I'm still fairly new to guns. Right now I want my guns to be both reliable and accurate if possible. I do plan to start shooting IDPA and USPSA. But , I want my weapons to be ready for personal defense first and foremost.

Immediately, requested to sell back to dealer w/ a loss of course I haven't picked up anything else yet and really don't know what to do. I guess I have been spoiled by the reliability of my G19. But I loved how the accurate feel of the original 220 points and shoots.

Btw, sorry for the rant. This is in no way an inditement of your choice. I have read on this as well as other forums, how people love this gun. I think that I just may have gotten a lemon. I sincerely hope you have a fantastic gun and experience. But for me right now, I may defer picking up another sig anytime soon.

VIP Member
    Yeah, you made a HUGE mistake but all is not lost... you can send it to me and I'll let it hang out with my P-220s!

Dude, it's a great weapon! Go shoot it till it won't shoot anymore... well, if you can!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I have the 9mm for daily carry. I have nearly 1000 round through it. Accurancy out of the box is second to none, and only once had it stove-pipe. I was using el-cheapo ammunition though, and it never happened again. I love the gun so far. It has a good feel, the trigger is long since it's DAO, but I haven't found it an issue. I feel, the trigger pulls is surprisingly smooth. In fast fire drills, I don't have any problems with speed, and I can only imagine that under stress, with adrenaline dumps, one would not notice a difference at all. I can't imagine anyone not liking this firearm. Enjoy it!!!!
    funwitHK
    Aim Low, don't be Disappointed, and Reach your Goals.

I have a 226 in .40 that is the most accurate semi auto pistol I have ever shot.

John Farnam thinks a lot of the 250 here is the link to check it out for yourself.

John Farnam's Quips - 17Feb09.html - SIG 250 - Tactical Store - Worst Enemy?
    "There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him."
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by xikle View Post
    What the others have said about the trigger is true, though Sig does offer a SRT (short return trigger), which is supposed to shorten the reset and pull some...
    Just for accuracy's sake, there is no SRT for the P250. What there is, is a short trigger. This lessens the distance from the backstrap to the face of the trigger for people with smaller hands/shorter fingers. It does nothing to affect the the reset or weight of pull.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I've got mine (in 9mm) on my hip right now, the trigger is really llloooonnnngggg but smooth and accuracy is incredible. The only hiccups I've had were a couple light primer strikes that fired no problem when I pulled the trigger again, can't remember what ammo that was with. I can't wait to get my hands on a .45 conversion.
    Thanks,
    Rock

MLC
    i have both the 9mm compact and the .40 conversion kit. it has meet my expectations. it's more accurate than i am. it does have a long trigger pull but snap caps and dry firing until my hands hurt enough times muscle memory has made that a non issue. i cant wait for the subcompact kits to come out. i plan on 9mm sub compact kit and a spare .357compact barrel as soon as they come out. i do recommend a good belt if you plan on using as an EDC, the compact is a little heavy for a causal belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    Just for accuracy's sake, there is no SRT for the P250. What there is, is a short trigger. This lessens the distance from the backstrap to the face of the trigger for people with smaller hands/shorter fingers. It does nothing to affect the the reset or weight of pull.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    Thanks for the correction. I misread Sig's site on that the first time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links