Did my part to save the economy..........

This is a discussion on Did my part to save the economy.......... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Found out last month, that since my wife is disabled she would receive a stimulus check of 250 bucks; we kind of chuckled about it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did my part to save the economy..........

Found out last month, that since my wife is disabled she would receive a stimulus check of 250 bucks; we kind of chuckled about it and stuck it in the bank. Then, this month, we find out that since I'm a disabled veteran, I received a stimulus check of 250 bucks this month.

Well, we got to talking about it and how the money sitting in the bank wasn't really going to do anything to stimulate the economy; after all, we want to be good citizens and they want us to spend it to help stimulate the economy. We came to the conclusion that, the best way for us to do our part, was to use our stimulus money to buy the wife a new pistol!

So, at this time I'd like to thank President Obama and his administration for our new PT 111 Millennium Pro and the new Laserlyte laser we picked up for my PT 840. We can't say that we've ever had an anti-gun president treat us so well.
    John Luttrell

Good job and thank you and your wife for being great Americans!!

Congrats!!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Same situation for me and my wife. We used our $500 to buy an Ocicat kitten to be a pal to the Ocicat we now have...how wimpy, eh?!

However, to redeem myself, I must add that just a few weeks ago I decided to stimulate the economy and stay ahead of Nobama by spending $640 on a new pistol...heh. Now if I could only find enough ammo to get me through the summer.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Hmmm... Is the Taurus made in America by Americans?

I did my part by buying a few Smith & Wessons over the last few months... Made in America by Americans!
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Gee, my wife is on disability retirement, and I have handicapped plates, but we haven't gotten any money! Neither of us is in a wheelchair though so maybe that's it. My wife has constant mid back pain after being hit by a car while riding her bike to work around 9 years ago, and can't do a full day's work (although she does play guitar in a band), and I have severe arthritis and spinal stenosis in my lower back, so I can't walk but so far. But I can work my regular job (at least, if I HAD a regular job after being laid off 6 months ago). So, I'm jealous, but quite happy for you. Shoot it with pride.

You should send a thank you card to Barrack and Michelle.
    Luck is not a feeling it's a way of life

Congrats, I can feel the economy turning around![/sarcasm]
    Last edited by Stealie; June 7th, 2009 at 03:09 AM.
    We can't stop here...this is bat country.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Res Ipsa Loquitur

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    Gee, my wife is on disability retirement, and I have handicapped plates, but we haven't gotten any money! Neither of us is in a wheelchair though so maybe that's it. My wife has constant mid back pain after being hit by a car while riding her bike to work around 9 years ago, and can't do a full day's work (although she does play guitar in a band), and I have severe arthritis and spinal stenosis in my lower back, so I can't walk but so far. But I can work my regular job (at least, if I HAD a regular job after being laid off 6 months ago). So, I'm jealous, but quite happy for you. Shoot it with pride.

Neither my wife or myself are in a wheel chair and I also work full time; I bet you and your wife will each receive notice about it soon.
    John Luttrell

Dear Paul...

Maybe Pelosi can find you some $$ for ammo.

Shouldn't you be thanking the rest of us? I'm just sayin...

Respectfully,
    Peter
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; June 7th, 2009 at 08:46 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Dear Paul...

Maybe Pelosi can find you some $$ for ammo.

Shouldn't you be thanking the rest of us? I'm just sayin...

Respectfully,
    Peter

Yeah Peter, your right and I do appreciate you guys, the tax payers, who donated their hard earned money to our home defense program. But, I distinctly remember having to send in an extra 7 grand to the IRS this year, since I choose to work, instead of living on disability; based on that, I think the IRS still owes me a gun or two.

I do though, still thank you guys for the thought as it is touching, in a manly way of course.
    John Luttrell

Grats on the new gun for youe wife! Awesome use of a stimulus check!
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post
    Hmmm... Is the Taurus made in America by Americans?

I did my part by buying a few Smith & Wessons over the last few months... Made in America by Americans!
    With all due respect, don't forget that the way capitalism works, is that the people will tend to buy a quality product that offers the best bang for the buck, no pun intended.

Please understand that I post this not to start a political debate or be disrespectful; after all I am the new guy here. It's just that after some thought, I thought it odd, that my patriotism was being questioned for the brand of pistol I choose to purchase; especially after serving in the defense of our nation for 24 years.

For what it's worth, I do respect your feelings on the matter and am proud we both have the right to openly discuss these issues with out fear of retributions.
    John Luttrell

Poor Barack...he's sold more guns in one way or another than John Moses Browning or Samuel Colt ever could....
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Congrats on the new gun.
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    An excellent way to stimulate the economy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links