Well, what happens when two goobers switch .45s?

This is a discussion on Well, what happens when two goobers switch .45s? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Colin, I got to try out a para -w- the LDA trigger last weekend. It's a great DA trigger, but not even close to what ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, what happens when two goobers switch .45s?

Colin, I got to try out a para -w- the LDA trigger last weekend. It's a great DA trigger, but not even close to what a good SA trigger can be. Since most everything I shoot is DAO, I loved the LDA.

Wonder if I could have fit a few more TLA's into that statement :)
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

2. Remove Ads

Euuuuuuuuuuuc <Darth Vader voice> You're beginning your passage to the "Dark Side".. .........You...........will ...or will have thought of possessing a 1911 series pistol, before the next full moon. Its is your destiny..you will fulfill your destiny <mechanical breathing in background>
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Converted you will be, mmmm, yes! <yoda voice>
    Jack

Euc, Keep practicing, a GI spec 1911 can be field stripped in less than 40 seconds and re-assembled in less than 60 seconds without tools(and that's with my 50 yr old fingers). Now my Kimber and Para-Ord are a different matter, need tools for them.
    Pershing SIR!!

Is there a trick to getting the slide stop back in place? I honestly don't know how I ever got it back in there.

The rest of it is honestly very simple even if it's a few more steps than I'm used to.

I would imagine if you're having trouble snapping the slide stop back in place it's probably plunger tube related. The slide stop has to push the plunger into the tube in order for it to seat into the notch. Try getting everything lined up where it needs to be and CAREFULLY press the plunger in with a knife tip while pressing in on the slide stop. There's a chamfer on the slide stop that's "suppose" to ease the plunger over as it passes it. I've had two Springfields that required using a knife blade for reassembly (one of them is my current Mil-Spec). I had my 'smith replace the plunger tube, now it's slick and smooth. See if that makes things any easier.
    Jack

Euc, First I assume that this model SA doesn't have a guide rod. The slide should be slid onto the frame with the barrel bore horizontal and the grip pointing down. Move the slide back until the take down notch aligns with the end of the slide lock pin and insert fully. There is another way to field strip without rotating the barrel bushing and removing the recoil spring cup but it requires strong hands and I wouldn't recommend this method until you are proficient with the standard method.
    Pershing SIR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Is there a trick to getting the slide stop back in place? I honestly don't know how I ever got it back in there.

The rest of it is honestly very simple even if it's a few more steps than I'm used to.
    (whispering) yes..........try a jewlers screwdriver........works reall well when ya press it that dimple on the mount hehe
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links